All Hallows Eve - XXV

31st October

Ever since I was a kid, I have always loved Halloween.

The costumes, the lights, the decorations, the holiday feel to it.

It's like Christmas, but just with more sugar than turkey.

This year though was probably the most stressful one yet.

I always try to do a prank each year, trick someone or get revenge for a prank earlier that year.

It's a tradition.

The thing is though, this year was screwed up.

I started off by waking up and puking, some of it getting on my pyjamas, meaning those had to go in the wash. Then, after that, all the good cereal was gone, and then I was told I had to go get ready for the stupid masquerade ball I had planned.

Well, I had called it stupid, Xander was in the room when I said it, chuckled and then cheekily replied.

"You do remember you planned this right? You should be excited," He said before I walked out of the room, choosing to ignore the comment he had made.

So, here I was sitting on my bed, procrastinating, trying to put off getting ready for just a little while longer.

That was until, of course, Jameson walked in, masquerade mask in hand, and carrying a suit.

"Kaitlyn, what are you doing?" Jameson asked a slightly amused lilt in his voice.

I look up slowly, a guilty look arising on my face as I replied, "Procrastinating," I say in a higher octave than normal.

"Kaitlyn, the ball you organised, is starting in a couple of hours, meaning we need to be there in an hour. Why are you procrastinating?" He asks while I sigh.

"Because I'm scared no one will like it and I feel like shit," I rush out and stick my book down as Jameson walks over, sticking the suit down beside him.

"Katie?" Jameson said when I got up.

"Yes?" I replied.

"What are you doing?" Jameson asks, and I turn to face him, walking backwards towards my wardrobe as I did so.

"Getting a dress. Could you do my hair if I get in my dress and do my makeup?" I ask and return to a normal walking direction as I replied.

"Alright. What dress are you going to be wearing then?" He asks as I rake around my wardrobe, trying to find the dress, cloak, hat, shoes and belt I had stuck together for tonight

"Well, my darling Jameson, I will be wearing this," I say and whip out the outfit I had put together.

It was a mid-calf length corseted black dress, that I had paired quite nicely with a dark green cloak which had gold accents, as well as a witches hat and a few gold moon and stars belts and finally some 'Doc. Marten's' which finished off the look just nicely.

Jameson chuckled slightly at the extravagance of the way I brought out the outfit, but still got up, walked over, and kissed my forehead.

"So you want me to do your hair?" Jameson then asks, repeating what I had said earlier.

I let out a small 'mm-hm' before walking back over to our bed where Jameson's dark suit already lay I then picked it up, handed it to him and then said "I'm going to go get changed, I would advise you to as well considering the time," with a small smug smile on my face as I walked off towards the screens that I usually got changed behind.