Lakeside Picnics with a Dose of Blackmail - VI

27th June

Ever since I told Father about his nearing death, I have been regretting it. Not because Father was living in constant fear of death, no, he was just trying to hurry me on the process of trying to find a male in the kingdom I would actually want to marry.

On this supposed fine day though, I had managed to sneak out of the Castle to the lake where I found Jameson waiting for me with a small picnic set up and ready.

For a while we sat and enjoyed each other's company in silence as we ate our food, occasionally glancing over at the path leading down here to see if anyone was coming, but other than that it was peaceful.

For a while, it was like that, peaceful. I think when it stopped being that was when I spoke up about what was happening in the Castle.

"My Father is worrying about his death more," I say as I adjust my position slightly against Jameson's chest where I lay "I heard him muttering about how I couldn't pick a husband and that it would be too late and he would've passed by the time that I had made my decision. I'm getting to the point where I should just say that I should get ruling lessons now and picking a husband later."

"So you think we should tell him?" Jameson replies as he starts to comb his fingers through my hair.

"No, I'm thinking that Alice or Xander tells my Father and we escape to go live somewhere else." I say as Jameson laughs as I felt it rattle through his chest.

"Good idea, but I don't think your sister or Xander would like the idea of possibly being killed." Jameson says and it was my turn to laugh now at his comment.

So, for a while after that, we lay there and discussed options on how we could ever get married and have kids, because the voices said so and they're like a prophecy when they speak. Soon enough though, the idealistic serenity of the lake was disturbed by the sister I truly didn't want to see, especially in my current state.

"Sybil!" I yell as I see her after she tapped me on the shoulder.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here? The Blacksmith's boy and my sister. Two people that would most certainly be in massive trouble if I told Father how I found you both. Especially with a little exaggeration on my part." Sybil said as a hard look grew on Jameson's face, meanwhile, mine showed a more frightened one as Sybil was talking.

"Sybil please." I managed to get out as my chest was starting to feel tight a panic set in.

"Well, I wouldn't want to be that kind, would I?" Sybil said, and I was about to reply before Jameson butted in.

"Miss Sybil, you may think you can ruin our lives, but the world doesn't always revolve around you." He says as I take a step back as Sybil steps towards me.

"Now, I may know this, but considering what I've found, I'm going to make you bitches pay, and try and take the throne myself since stupid Alice clearly doesn't want it," Sybil said, pushing me further and further back as she spoke, so much so, I was slowly walking into the water of the lake "So, if you'll let me speak a tad more, I have an offer for you."

"What is it?" I ask as Sybil prods my chest.

"Well, that will be that, you give up the throne when it comes time, or maybe change something so I get more money and dresses and men! But, well, if you don't apply to what I ask, I might just go back up to the Castle, find Father and tell him you've been dating the Blacksmith's boy." Sybil says as we both walk further into the water.

"You fucking bitch!" I yell as I slap Sybil, straight across the jaw. But she just turns and smiles at me like a complete psychopath.

"You wouldn't do that if I were you, because well, I could add some extra little things to my tale to get you banished from the kingdom for sure," She says with a sickly sweet smile that would want to make you vomit from the sight "And well, that wouldn't be great and I'm sure that would tip you over. The. Edge"

And with that final word, Sybil shoved me into the water and scampered back out as Jameson rushed in to help me up.

We both heard a wicked laugh from the shore, and sure enough, it was Sybil laughing at us with a sly look on her face.

"Now, look at this, isn't this nice? Now I don't think you agreed to what I asked, so I'm just going to go up to the Castle and tell Father about this little 'arrangement'" Sybil said and then started to walk off, before turning as I called out her name.

"Sybil!" I called out as I got up, Jameson helping me to shore as I'd injured my leg with a minor cut when Sybil pushed me over.

"Yes!" She, so sweetly called out after and began to walk back towards Jameson and me.

"I'll tell him," I say, a strong, invincible look, making its way onto my face.

"Tell who what?" Sybil said, her goody-two-shoes facade still intact.

"I'm going to tell Father about Jameson and I. Our romantic relationship."

"WHAT!"

"WHAT!"

I heard both on either side of me, and for once, I saw Sybil's golden child act slip and her real colours come out.

A hand from behind grabbed me and then my face was cupped by Jameson's soft hands as he started to speak.

"Darling, we talked about this. We said that we wouldn't tell unless we had a full-proof plan." Jameson said, a worry-filled look on his face as he spoke.

"I know we spoke about it, but this is a lose-lose situation for us, and we can't have this if it won't win us anything." I reply as I then turn to face Sybil, her face still looking like it had been hit by a bus.

"You can't do that! You-" Sybil started to say as she yelled at me for what I was going to do, as I knew it would ruin her whole plan in life.

To ruin mine.

But I cut her off.

"Yes, yes I can. And I bloody well will Sybil," I said as my face contorted to one that held a look of almost serenity, even though inside, I felt like a champion. Fighting Sybil at her own game, and I had finally won "I thought this was what you wanted. For me to tell Father about my relationship, or was it to give up the crown, hmm? Both I'll do when I say about my relationship. So there you go, you win. I hope you're fucking happy."

I then turn, grab Jameson's arm and the picnic basket and then drag him back to the Castle as I prepare myself to tell my Father that I had been in a relationship with a boy he didn't approve of.

UPDATED; 29/12/2022

WORDS; 1184