An Overwhelming and Stress Inducing Birthday - XXXV

25th January

Usually, I love my Birthday.

It's usually a day where I sleep most of it, do not that much and do no work for the day.

Today on the other hand...

It's safe to say it was doomed to begin with.

First thing I did when I woke up this morning was sit back down from the headrush I had from standing up.

Then I tripped while walking to the bathroom, landing on my ass, before finally getting face wash in my eyes and smearing it on the mirror as I rubbed it off my face because I couldn't find a washcloth.

So, here I was, getting into the gold and white dress I was supposed to wear to my coronation while trying not to puke from nerves.

As I shimmied the dress up my body from where it was on the floor when I stepped into it and Jameson helped me tie the back before pressing a feather-light kiss to my shoulder making me shiver slightly at the action.

"You look stunning," He whispers in my ear before he steps back and I turn, a slightly nervous look displayed on my face, "Look, you'll do great today, and just think, after the coronation today and the parade from the church back here, you can lounge about for the rest of the day. All the fancy dinners will be at the weekend."

I take a breath, looking over at Jameson while he ties his tie in preparation for today's events before I walk over to my dressing table to make sure that my hair and makeup look good.

As I look over my complexion, I feel some nerves calm at the fact that my makeup was on point and my hair was perfectly curled and pinned into the half-up-half-down style.

"Do you want me to help you stick on the- what is it?" Jameson asks me as he walks over after tying his tie and taking my hand as I reply.

"It's some weird robe thing, and please," I say looking over to the purple thing I was going to have to wear over my dress.

"Alright then. We should be going soon, so I'll help you just now with it then?" Jameson asks and I nod, walking over as he does the same and unclips the thing from the mannequin it was on and helped put it on me before we left our bedroom.

{----------}

Once we got to the church, both Jameson and I stepped out of the car we were in and any staff that was around helped readjust the purple cloak thing so then it looked perfect as we waited for the music to start signalling us to go inside.

When the music started, I took a breath, not knowing how the fuck I was going to get through this before eventually taking steps forward while Jameson took my hand.

The music felt louder once we had properly entered the church.

Like if you were sitting next to the organ, you would probably have burst eardrums loud.

But I ignored it.

All I was focused on was the slow rhythm of my feet moving me forward to the throne where I was supposed to sit for what was about the next hour.

Once Jameson and I had actually made it there, he departed from my side to sit down at a side seat while I took the last couple of steps up and then sat down on the throne.

All fell silent as the Archbishop arose from his seat at the side and walked forward to the podium and spoke into the microphone.

"As you all know, in early September of last year, our great king, his royal highness, King Malakai Lysandral. Today, we celebrate a new ruler, his eldest daughter, who today will be crowned queen of Devaria," The Archbishop said before turning around and clapping as everyone else did before turning back to his original position and continued, "But for now, let's sing the opening hymn."

And so we all stood, singing along and I wasn't really paying attention, just moving my lips in the way they naturally did to the song.

When the song did finally end, we all sat back down and the Archbishop arose again before making a small speech and then turning to me and walking forward as a clergyman took another microphone and held it in front of the archbishop as he began to speak again.

"On this day, the twenty-fifth of January, God has graciously allowed me to crown you as queen. With this role though, there is an oath that every ruler must make. Today it is your time to make this oath to your spouse, your family and your people. Please place your hand on the bible and repeat after me," The Archbishop says and holds out the bible as I rest my hand on the book before he continues, "Here, I, Kaitlyn Lysandral."

"Here, I, Kaitlyn Lysandral," I repeat.

"Take an oath to my family and the people of my country."

"In which I will strive to do my best to serve them and any future inhabitants of my country."

"In which I will strive to do my best to serve them and any future inhabitants of my country," I autonomously say and gulp, knowing that if I didn't screw up the next bit, I would be in the clear for the rest of today.

"And I promise to follow the laws of my country with truth, accountability and responsibility in everything I do."

"And I promise to follow the laws of my country with truth, accountability and responsibility in everything I do," I say and take a breath once my hands come off the bible and the Archbishop walks back over and says that the crowning will now happen.

Four of the clergymen from around the sides of the throne then move, holding the crown, orb, sceptre and sword.

The Archbishop presents me the sword first which I place on the belt which was soon attached to my waist.

Then came the sceptre which I held while resting on my knee, the gold in it making it heavy, before I was eventually presented with the orb which was much heavier than the sceptre and I held onto and hoping for dear life as I rested my hand with the orb in it also on my knee.

The final thing I was presented with is the most important.

The crown.

The Archbishop walked up to me and rested it on my head before smiling at me and whispering a small congrats for today and then turned and yelled; "All hail Queen Kaitlyn!"

And with that, cheers erupted throughout the church as I was crowned and once everyone had calmed down, we sang the closing hymn before the orb and sceptre were taken off of me for a minute as I stood up, before the orb was put back and I fully held the sceptre.

That was until we got to the door in which a clergyman took the sceptre from me and I thanked him heavily as my hands ached from holding it.

Once we did get back outside, we got into the cars and a parade was lined up all through the streets and both Jameson and I waved out from the car as we were driven back to the castle and I got to breathe.

{----------}

When we got back to the castle, as soon as I stepped out of the car and into the castle, a member of the staff and a member of the clergy helped take off the crown and sword and I was given a smaller olive leaf-like sentiment that I could stick on my head.

After the member of the clergy left, the same member of staff, along with Jameson helped me take off the purple cloak thing and it was taken away to somewhere unknown while I took a breath, leaning into Jameson.

"Can we just go to bed?" I ask him, looking up slightly.

"We could later, but right now, you have some birthday presents to open," Jameson reminds me and I groan.

"I just want to open those in bed... and get out of this dress," I mumble and Jameson laughs.

"Then why don't we get you out of the dress, but after we open some of your gifts and then we can open the rest later in bed?" He then asks me and I nod before we start walking back up towards our bedroom where the overwhelming day had started.

UPLOADED; 07/08/2023

WORDS; 1402