Why Are The Christmas Decorations Up? - XXX

1st December

Do you want to know what you should expect to be waking up to when you're three months pregnant and are in a relationship?

Anything but your boyfriend walking through your bedroom door with a fucking Christmas tree.

Yep, that's what I woke up to.

Not a sweet good morning kiss, not a cup of tea, no, a fucking Christmas tree.

"Jamie, what the fuck are you doing?" I ask him as I start to sit up in bed.

"Hey!" Jameson said, dropping the Christmas tree to turn and look at me before continuing, "Don't swear! The baby can hear you!"

I laugh a bit as Jameson returns to the Christmas tree and places it upright while I respond.

"Can't just yet hun. At least for another month, though, so after that I'm screwed," I say as Jameson finishes sticking up the Christmas tree, now going to get decorations, and he stops and laughs.

"Hey, at least you have till new years," Jameson says, "Now, do you want to come help me with these decorations?"

So with that, I hop out of bed before trying to strike a deal with Jameson.

"Only if you don't drink any alcohol on Christmas or New Years."

"Fine, I won't," Jameson says, looking over at me, lovingly, "I was planning on sticking with you anyway."

With that, we go off and grab the decorations ready to be stuck on the tree and our room in general.

{----------}

"How are you feeling about Christmas now, since what happened at Thanksgiving?" Jameson asked me as we stuck on the tinsel and lights.

"I'm not sure yet. I wanted a small Christmas this year anyway so then we could maybe break the news of the baby to our wider family, so I think we do it in stages?" I reply, trying to divert the topic.

"You're changing the topic. We can talk about how we tell family about the baby, but we need to talk about your wellbeing first, especially if we're going to invite your Grandmother again," Jameson said and put on the last of the tinsel before sticking the box of it away, and bringing out the one with the baubles.

"Fine, eh... I'm getting to grips with the idea, but I'm still a bit uncomfortable. There, you happy?" I ask while picking up a couple of baubles from the box.

"Yes, now what were you saying about stages?" Jameson asks and I laugh while adding the baubles in my hand.

"Basically, we tell our immediate family Christmas Eve, so then it's easier on Christmas when things like whiskey are brought out," I say as Jameson says a quiet 'mhmm', "Then on Christmas we tell people like closer cousins and aunts, uncles things like that, and then boxing day we send letters to everyone telling them."

I stick on the last bauble in my hand and take a breath, thinking over what I had just said as Jameson brought me in close and kissed my temple.

He then bent down slightly and whispered in my ear, "That... sounds absolutely fantastic."

We continued to stick baubles on the tree as a comfortable silence took over the room.

{----------}

A few hours later, we managed to finish the tree and the room and as we stepped back to look at our hard work, I sighed, realising I would have to do this all over again in my study.