Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - XXXII

25th December

Christmas, to me, at least, was the best time to announce things.

Whether it be an engagement, or a pregnancy.

So, today I was worried.

Jameson and I had agreed that everyone at Christmas would only be immediate family bar my Grandmother who neither of us wanted to tell.

Pacing at the moment was my relief from the stress.

I couldn't decide what to wear, what to say.

For once I was clueless.

The only thing I knew was that Jameson and I had sorted out the gift for our whole immediate families to say that I was pregnant.

"You're going to wear a hole in the floor at this rate if you don't stop pacing," I hear Jameson say from the bed where he was plonked, looking over his stocking.

Mum had organised Christmas this year, giving Jameson and I one last one as a couple before we had a baby we needed to sort the Christmas magic for next year.

I sat back down on the bed and then got back in, stopping my pacing on the cold morning.

"Look, I know you're worried, and I am as well, but at least in a couple of hours, we can stop all the secrets going on," Jameson whispers in the quiet as I snuggle up next to him.

"How d'you think they'll react?" I ask him quietly while I look through my own stocking.

"I think they'll all be really happy. Especially my Mum. When we saw her yesterday, she was telling me how she always thought that I would have really cute children, but now that she knows I'm dating you..." Jameson trails off slightly before continuing, "She said if we have ugly children, she's blaming my Dad."

I laugh slightly at the idea of the conversation happening in the hustle and bustle of yesterday's business and the stark contrast on what we hoped today would be like.

"What time are the gifts being opened?" Jameson asks me as we both slowly start to move out from the bed and towards our wardrobe where we clearly both had an idea of what to wear.

As I delve into the wardrobe to get the dress I wanted, I reply, "It's at two so then we have enough time for presents, but then enough time before dinner that we're not all starving by the time we have it," I say while whipping out a long red velvet dress with an open back and poofy sleeves while there are well placed cords to tie the dress together to keep everything needing hidden, hidden.

Jameson on the other hand, got out some smart trousers and a black shirt, along with a red and green tie.

"Well coordinated Mr Dorianna," I say, slightly laughing as I say it.

"Well, of course Miss Lysandral," Jameson says back to me while we both set down the garments on the bed and start getting ready for the day, just slowly, as we weren't needed anywhere urgently, but fast enough that we stayed awake and on balance when getting on things like underwear.

{----------}

By the time we had grabbed lunch after getting dressed, it was close to two and we had seen everybody that was supposed to be there, so we all congregated in the biggest living room where all the presents were under the massive Christmas tree.

I stop everyone before they all start opening presents.

"Hi, if anyone finds a present addressed to everyone, could we save that till last?" I ask the room while gifts are being handed out, and I make my way down beside the tree and on the floor, back up against the couch where Jameson was sitting.

"Why?" An aunt of mine asks from her spot on a couch.

"It's a gift Jameosn and I got for everyone as a surprise. Just thought we could save it till last," I say and sit myself down, shutting up the aunt for a while as the gift pass out continues and before I know it, there is a massive pile of Jameson's and I's presents sitting unopened beside us that we were going to open later when we had the time to just relax in our own private company.

From the smaller pile so far of presents we had been forced to open by other relatives, Jameson had received some ties, socks, whiskey, books and paint materials along with some 'Jellycat' soft toys.

For me on the other hand, I had received vodka, whiskey among other types of alcohol as well as some dresses and jeans. The only things from my own pile I could actually use were the 'Jellycat' soft toys, books and stationery I had received.

Finally though, there was one gift under the tree.

The one addressed 'To everyone; From Kaitlyn and Jameson,' and filled with the surprise of babies and cuteness.

I got the gift out from under the tree and handed it to Jameson's Mum, who was sitting right next to mine.

"I thought it was only right to let both of you do the honours," I say and smile before sitting back down in front of Jameson as the two women open the gift.

Even though my Mum already knew, happy tears graced her eyes as she saw the ultrasound picture I knew was in there along with the onesie, pregnancy test, blanket and soft toy.

Meanwhile, Jameson's Mum screamed, making everyone pay more attention to the two women who were staring intently at a box.

"You're- you're," Jameson's Mum choked out as I nodded, tears coming to my eyes as well while a smile took over my face at the same time.

I hear the music in the room change slightly to 'Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas' as people like Jameson's Dad gets a look and hugs him before going over and comforting his wife in her tears of joy while my Mum shows my cousins who were peering over and they start squealing before running over to me, strangling me in a hug.

When I'm eventually released from the hug, I get up and go and hug my Mum as she was clearly needing it, as I feel someone tap me on the shoulder and Jameson's siblings, Jennie and Oliver, wrap me in a hug, congratulating us.

Jameson pulls me aside eventually and whispers in my ear after he quickly kisses me.

"I love you," He whispers before I respond with the same thing and kiss him again before getting dragged away again for more hugs, congratulations and apologies for gifting alcohol.

{----------}

Soon enough, everyone saw the box and photo opportunities were being had with Jameson and I.

We got quite a few cute ones, but the one that was one of the best of the day was the one including Xander, Alice, Jameson and I.

In the photo, it pictured us four standing around the tree with the box in there and things like the onesie actually on the tree, but at the last second, Jameson and Xander had decided to give me and Alice piggy-backs, shocking us both, but we still laughed.

But, by far was the photo of all the families gathered around one of the couches, Jameson and I holding the box which had the pregnancy test and ultrasound picture taped to it, but with other people holding different parts of the contents, like with the Mums holding the soft toy and the onesie while others held things like the dummy or the blanket.

It was a family photo that represented all the families coming together for one thing.

This little baby didn't know it yet, but a whole lot of people loved it a whole damn lot.

UPLOADED; 07/08/2023

WORDS; 1249