Chapter 4: The Diary (Part 1)

The next day, and the search for evidences related to the suicide death of Marinette Dupain-Cheng continues. The cops, Roger and Eva, alongside Joe, Alya and Chloe have gathered in the Dupain-Cheng Bakery to discuss what's next for them.

"I think we should keep searching for more evidences.," Eva exclaimed.

"But Officer Blanchet, if there's more evidences, Lila shouldn't keep it here.," Chloe said. "Why are we keep searching at Marinette's room? It could still have another gut wrenching memory.," she added.

"That's the point!," Eva answered. "We all wanted to keep searching here because we wanted to make sure that this is the safe place for Marinette to put evidences why Lila should be the killer, even thought it's a suicide case."

Both Joe and Alya agrees.

"So, we should keep searching.," exclaimed by the Filipino.

The five were now searching for evidences, but got no answers. Even after a little break, there were still none, until Sabine shows up.

"I would like to give you this."

Sabine gave to Roger and Eva a pink diary.

"Who's this from?," Alya asked.

"It's from Marinette.," Sabine answered. "I hid it because it could be a piece that would eventually lead this case forward, but also not having another bad memory during the funeral."

"Thanks, Mrs. Cheng. Really helped.," Roger said.

As Sabine left, the five took a closer look at Marinette's diary. Marinette's. Diary.

"I just hope this could be great evidences to prove.," Joe said.

They tried to open it, but the diary was locked. Sabine suddenly returned to the room to give something to the five.

"I forgot to give you the keys to the diary.," Sabine said and gave the keys. "Hope it helped."

Sabine departed again from the bedroom of her daughter with the cops confused.

"Why does Marinette locked her diary?," Eva asked.

"She always keep secrets, even thought her Ladybug identity was out before she died.," Joe answered.

"Besides, there's something that Lila doesn't want to know about her.," Chloe added.

"She'll definately found a way to defame Ms. Rossi while she was alive and while she was being 'framed' by Rossi herself.," Joe lastly added.

"Okay.," Eva said while looking at Roger. "Let's get this opened, shall we?"

The diary's box got unlocked and so opens the notebook of secrets that the late Marinette Dupain-Cheng had while she was the lovely, clumsy girl Paris had, and that diary could lead to another gut wrenching memory that Joe, Alya and Chloe need to face.

But those three friends didn't care. All they care about is to bring justice to Marinette's death, and bringing Lila back to Italy, this time for good.

The five opened the first pages of the diary, and it seems to look good.

Dear diary.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 467 (Published: 08/13/23)

A/N: (Spoiler) Marinette's diary is one of those clues in this final part. Anyways, let's continue with the story.