Chapter 5: The Diary (Part 2)

Dear diary,

Today was the best day of my life! Adrien and I danced at Chloe's party! I hope we can do it again. Somehow, someday.

-Marinette

"Those days, I was not a fan of Marinette's love for Adrien.," Chloe said.

"Now, you are now aware of it.," Joe said. "You became a fan of that after what happened in the date.," he joked. All of the five laughed.

"Good thing you're aware as well.," Chloe said.

The five continues to read some secrets.

Dear diary,

I got akumatized for some reason, and I don't know how to recover. The only thing I knew is that Lila lied and it got me expelled from school. Hope my friends forgave me after this.

-Marinette

"Wait, that was eleven months ago, right?," Alya asked Joe.

"Yeah, it was.," Joe answered. "Good thing all of us forgave Marinette because she didn't do something that got herself expelled."

"I remember you volunteered first to temporarily suspened, then we followed suit.," Chloe said.

"You did?," Roger asked Joe.

"Yeah.," Joe answered. "Lila was just too much, so we decided to take matters into our own hands.," he added.

"That's why Mr. Agreste was angry at Adrien at that time.," Eva said.

"Good thing he ignored the fury of him at that time.," Chloe said, and the five laughed.

The five went on to read the diary again.

Dear diary,

I still don't know why I was akumatized yesterday, but one thing that I remembered is that Adrien conforted me. So does Joe and Alya. But I can't explain this. Maybe it's my hallucinations.

-Marinette

"Mr. Gibson, Ms. Cesare, did you two went to confort Ms. Dupain-Cheng at the time she was akumatized?," Eva asked.

"I don't know. I can't remember.," Joe said.

But Alya had a different answer.

"Yeah, Adrien and I were worried about why she was at the east side of the Efiel Tower.," Alya answered. "We were there for her until it was too little, too late.,"

Joe snapped his fingers.

"Now I remember! I saw you two conforting Marinette, so I ran to your side and help her getting more confort until Gabriel came to her mind.," Joe addrd Alya's words.

"Now that's somthing not bad based on your experience from almost a year now.," Roger said.

"Maybe we should add up Lila's case.," Eva recommends. But Chloe says otherwise.

"No, we should interview the class, one-by-one about what happened ten months ago, and how the tragedy of Marinette's death impacted them.," Chloe said.

"Okay, Ms. Bourgeois, I love your idea.," Eva said. Joe also agrees on this one.

"We can interview you three ones the right time has come.," Eva said. The three agreed.

They continue on to read the diary, and they were now about to read the events prior to her death.

Dear diary.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 479 (Published: 08/19/23)

A/N: No note.