Chapter 6: The Diary (Part 3)

Dear diary,

I don't know why Lila is saying that she's the real hero. The real hero. After what she've said that nine months after she make me suffer. How she made me suffer again. How cruel is she.

-Marinette

The next letter shocked Joe, Alya and Chloe.

"Ms. Rossi is getting into my nerves too much.," Joe angrily said. "Maybe this could be the final nail in the coffin."

But as the next letter comes, it wasn't.

Dear diary,

I'm now writing my final letter, and this is something that I'm sad about. But here it is. Lila has been to my nerves so much in my mind. She wanted me to stay away to my friends months ago, but she fail. So she threaten me, as she believed that I was the one who threaten her.

Ten months ago was something bad for me and it's because of her. Lila wanted all the attension, and all by herself. I don't know why she's like that.

Now, just weeks ago, she wanted to feel to be a hero. Like a hero. A hero that everyone loves. But she isn't. I'm the hero. Adrien as well. Alya as well. Chloe as well. Everyone as well. But she wanted to become the only hero Paris had. So she wanted me the villain, all the time. And it kills my mind. Thoughts of a scenario where she always wins over me is been always on my mind. I can't take it anymore.

To all my friends, sorry that I leave you behind, but promise, once you died, you'll meet me and I promised, I'll always make you happy.

-Marinette

This last letter shocked the five. The room was filled with silence for minutes.

"It was very hard for you three to say after what she wrote.," Eva said.

Both Alya and Chloe said yes, but Joe had a different answer.

"I just can't believe that Ms. Rossi, or Lila, have done to her many times. Poor Marinette.," Joe said. "That's why her soul have finally rested in peace, because she tired of that."

"What do we do now, officers?," Chloe asked.

"We don't know, but thanks to Mrs. Cheng giving us this diary, we could make deeper information about this and move this case forward.," Roger answer.

Of course, the three friends said thanks and left the room. Outside the bakery, Joe departed from the two girls. Something is not adding up for those two.

"I do think Lila is the one who wanted Adrien all by herself and wanted to write Marinette off the stage.," Alya said.

"Maybe. Maybe not.," Chloe answered. "But once we got the answer, she's in big trouble.," she added.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 453 (Published: 08/20/23)

A/N: No note.