Chapter 14: The Interviews (Part 4)

The case of Marinette's death involving her is getting deeper and deeper for Roger and Eva, while Adrien arrived at the interview room. He's eager to exposed his so-called 'double faced lier' Lila after what happened.

Roger knows how hard Marinette's death affected the blone boy so much, so he's serious about asking the questions, considering he wanted to expose Lila once and for all.

"Where were you after Ms. Marinette Dupain-Cheng died?," Roger asked, and Adrien didn't hesitate to answer.

"I was at my house talking with my father about what went down with Joe's plan, when Marinette and I set-up to be sweethearts, and he knows how much soulmates are we.," Adrien answered with confidence. "I didn't know about her death until I hold the letter he, Alya and Chloe gave to me."

"The letter that Marinette gave for the rest of you classmates.," Eva said while writing some notes about his answer. "Tell me about it."

"She said that it's hard to learn about her death, and it was complicated because all of us, as her friends were worried about Marinette's mental state.," Adrien said. "Around the same time, she realized that Lila was right."

"Right about what?," Roger asked.

Adrien have no choice to answer, since it's his best way to expose Lila.

"That Marinette should be treated as a villain, and Lila should be treated as a hero even thought we shouldn't take it since we all knew what happened with her, when my father akumatized her."

"Tell me about the Princess Justice controversy, in your own words."

"Well, I was in the east side of the Efiel Tower, when I heard Marinette crying, with Alya approching her, and she told us about Lila and her lies.," Adrien answered. "I just can't explain once the akuma came in, and it targeted Marinette, and she just told us three to ran away, and that was it.," he added.

As the Princess Justice story goes on for Roger and Eva, the deeper the case gets, until the final question came in.

"Is there anything suspicious about Ms. Lila Rossi?"

"Suspicious?," Adrien question. "She's always like that."

For the first time in a while, the cops were in shocked at an answer, and it came from Marinette's supposed-to-be soulmate.

"Care to explain?," Eva questioned the blone

"Well, everyday, she tried to ruin Marinette after what happened a year ago, and it seems thought that she's obviously targeting her, even before her death and even targeting Joe for some reason.," Adrien answered. "But earlier, when Mario and Nicole arrived, something's different in her. She's scared about this one."

Fortunately, the cops were pleased with the explaination.

"Thank you Mr. Agreste for your participation.," Roger thankfully said.

"You're welcome.," Adrien said. "And if you have time to arrest Lila, it would be for Marinette's honor.," he added, pleaging something that would change everything for the case to move forward.

The next one to be interviewed is one of the mayor's daughters, Zoe Lee. She might not known Marinette a lot, unlike her sister Chloe, but thanks to her friendly attitude, she gained an advantage on trusting the bluenette, leading to her sister's trust on her being slowly achived. Now that she's gone, Zoe needs to have a crack at this even though, like Kagami, had no suspicions of Lila, despite Marinette's stories reaching to her mind about the Italian.

At the interview room, Zoe arrived with Eva with enough confidence that she needs.

"Where were you when Ms. Dupain-Cheng died?," Roger asked the question once Zoe sat down.