Chapter 10: Tide Turned

Lila was in shocked, seeing that her past is going back to haunt her. She never forgotten that Mario and Nicole exposed her back in Rome, and they were the reason that she is here in Paris, and at Joe's class. She might be happy for a moment because Marinette, her French rival, is now gone in the dust because of her, but her two Italian rivals is still there to fight against her.

"Mr. Bianchi, can you sit beside Mr. Gibson, while Ms. Ricci, you can sit beside Ms. Césere.," Ma'am Bustier said.

Unlike previously, where she tried to ruin Marinette's moment to sit beside Joe when he first arrived, Lila didn't ruin the moment when Mario and Nicole arrived. She didn't even say a word at all.

"No! How can this be?," Lila thought. "Those two are now my classmates again for the rest of the year. I'm so cursed."

As Ma'am Bustier leaves the room for just a moment, Mario sat beside Joe, like what she've told to, while Nicole have sat beside Alya.

"Say, where is Mattia and Lorenzo?," Joe asked.

"There in the other class.," Mario answered.

"Why?"

"Well, we decided to split ourselves into two in two classes.," Mario answered again. "Me and Nicole will be in your class while Lorence and Mattia will be at Kagami's class."

"By the way, why did you enroll this in this school?," Joe asked again.

"We've decided to stay in this city permanently, and Nicole have filed a citizenship for the four of us, before enrolling in this school for the rest of the semester.," Mario stated.

"I've filed a citizenship for me and for the boys, and filled it up once we where here.," Nicole added. "It was completed after a couple of days, and before you guys returned here for good measure."

"Good thing father let you four stay here as good Italians, unlike what Lila have stated for him.," Chloe said.

"Wait, Lila's your classmate?," both Mario and Nicole asked. They looked at Alya and Joe, and the two nodded yes.

"The reason for that is Lila went here as a exchange student, but we don't know who switched with her.," Alya stated.

"She was your exchange student because we exposed her back in Rome.," Nicole said, remembering what happened when Lila theatened Mario. "I was the one who exposed her bullying Mario.," she added.

"You do?," Joe asked.

"Yeah, I do.," Nicole answered. "I do have the recording at that time, and I still do have it now."

With no hessitation, the class listened to Nicole's recording.

"Look here, you've always got the cameras on yourself, and your lies have been too much. You've gonna stop.," Mario said.

"No, you need to stop, Mario.," Lila confidently said. "One day, all of your friends will be at my side now, and you are all alone. So you have a choice: You'll be my friend or all of your friends will turn against you."

"Stop the recording!," Lila shouted.

The class looked at her in confusion.

"What is it, Lila?," Max asked.

"Oh, nothing. Nothing.," Lila embarrasingly lied. She knows that her days have been counted.

Max looked at Alya and Joe.

"That's weird. Lila has been quiet recently.," he said.

"Maybe she's scared to find out that Mario and Nicole where here.," Joe said. "Those two where Lila's classmates back in Rome, with Mario being like Marinette, victimized by her lies. Thankfully enough, it wasn't the same case between the two."

"We were the reason why Lila was here, so it's no doubts she's scared now.," Nicole added.

Ma'am Bustier returned to the class, with Eva outside the door. While most of the class looked confused, Joe, Alya and Chloe seems ready. Lila, on the other hand, got her thoughts from bad to worse.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 640 (Published: 08/28/23)

A/N: Apologies for posting this very late...