Chapter 11: The Interviews (Part 1)

Ma'am Bustier returned to the class, with Eva outside the door. The Lillie-native cop knows that Marinette's suicide case is going to move forward.

*flashback starts*

Roger and Eva arrived that the Collége François Dupont with a bit of opportunism in their eyes. Suddenly, Mr. Damicles welcomed them inside.

"So, you're going to inverview Marinette's class, right?," Mr. Damicle asked.

"Yeah, we are.," Roger answered.

"So, you two can use an empty room for those interviews.," Mr. Damicles prompted.

"Thank you, Mr. Damicles. Really helped.," Eva said.

The two cops procceeded to the empty room, where Ma'am Bustier was already there.

"Ms. Caline Bustier? What are you doing here?," Eva confusingly said.

"Well, preparing for your inverviews with my class.," Ma'am Bustier said. "I already know Lila is the only bad thing there, and I going to prove it."

"Thanks for your help.," Roger said. "Eva, can you come with Ms. Bustier to her classroom? So that the interviews will now start."

"Ok, Roger.," Eva answered. Her and Ma'am Bustier have now procceeded to return to Joe's classroom.

*end of flashback*

While most of the class looked confused, Joe, Alya and Chloe seems to be ready with the interviews. Lila, on the other hand, got her thoughts from bad to worse.

"Shoot!," she thought. "This is getting worse now."

Eva came in quietly and proceeds to get a person to start the interview. And that started with Ivan.

Ivan was not confident going into what have just regestered weeks ago, when Marinette died. When Marinette Dupain-Cheng died. He knows Joe told him about what happened, that's it.

As Ivan was now there in the empty room, Roger officially asked.

"Where were you when you found out Marinette Dupain-Cheng died?"

"I was at home that night, and hearing with the news, I was confused.," Ivan answered. "The day after that, I received a letter from Marinette herself, like one letter for all of us.," he added.

While Eva is writing in her notepad about Ivan's answers, Roger continues to asked him more.

"Was that letter the same letter she wrote for you and the rest of her friends?"

"Well, Alya, Joe and Chloe had a separate letter from Marinette. So does her parents.," Ivan answered again.

Roger and Eva remembered the letter that Joe, Alya and Chloe reed that day. Same goes with Marinette's parents. When they discovered the black gel in the rope that Marinette used for suicide.

"Is there evidences are the reason why Marinette has been absent before she died, like a letter or something?"

"No, not at all.," Ivan answered.

"Is there something suspisious about Ms. Lila Rossi?," Roger asked his final question.

"Well, she was very happy after Marinette was absent for a couple of days.," Ivan answered. "Usually, she was looking at her angrily, but she was different when she is absent. But earlier, she was scared when Mario and Nicole arrived."

"Mr. Bianchi and Ms. Ricci. Eva, do we wanted to interview them?," Roger said while looking at his partner, which answered with a simple no.

"Ok, thanks for participating, Mr. Bruel.," Roger said. "Eva, can you return him to the class and call Max next?"