Chapter 18: Lila's Arrest

It's already break time in the school and it was silent in the building, not until police sirens were heard from afar. Roger and Eva have arrived and they set their sights on Lila.

The whole Françoise community stopped to see this commotion.

"Ms. Lila Rossi, this is the French Police. You're now arrested for the murder involvement of Marinette Dupain-Cheng, alongside two cases of deframing."

With those words coming out of Roger's mouth, Joe and the class heard it clear. It was Lila who killed Marinette. Lila killed Marinette.

He, Alya, Chloe, Adrien, Mario, and Nicole came down to hear it closer.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything that you said will be used against you in the court. You have the right to pick a lawyer, or else the gorvernment will give you one."

"I didn't do anything. I swear.," Lila pleaded.

"Then why you did the Princess Justice controversy? For attention?," Alya asked.

"Admit it, Lila.," Adrien said. "No one believes you now, unless you tell the truth."

Lila hesitated, but she had no choice since she is arrested.

"Okay, I'll admit it. I did deframe Marinette for fame and attention.," Lila said as Eva officially fixed the handcuffs on her.

The rest of the school were in shocked from Lila's statement, readily clarifing what she've done a year ago.

Nicole looked so worried about what happened, and she really accepted Lila's attitude had changed and Joe just gazed at her emotions, then she slowly walk towards her. Alya and Chloe tired to stop the Italian, but Joe had something.

"Let her be.," he said. "I think she has unfinished buisness."

Nicole went close to Lila and gazed at her at couple of seconds, until she hugged her, shocking the school.

"I'm so sorry, Nicole.," Lila tearfully said.

Nicole didn't say a word to Lila, then she looked at Roger and Eva.

"Take her away please.," she told them.

Nicole walked back to the group while Lila took away by the police.

"Let's head back, guys.," she sadly said.

Back the classroom, the friends have asked Nicole why did she hugged Lila. She was hesitated, so Joe answered instead.

"Truth is, Nicole and Lila where once best friends back in Italy.," he said. "It's really a bombshell, just ask Mario."

Everyone looked at Mario.

"Joe's right. She's once best friends with Lila.," he said, shocking the rest of the group.

"Why you didn't tell us?," Lorenzo said.

Nicole finally stood up.

"I keep this a secret because I don't want to hurt you guys for being the friend of a lier.," Nicole said. "Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, and it looks like I found my lesson.," she added.

"But why Lila became so mean if she is friends with Nicole?," Rose asked.

"Back when we were at our school, there was a student council elections, where they need to pick the rightful candidate for a position.," Mario explained. "Lila was a candidate for president, and lost. Despite that, she was crazy for attention and started to lie."

"That's why I broke my friendship with her, to not keep things worse.," Nicole said.

Everyone realized how hurt Lila would have been suffering right now.

"Nicole, maybe after this case, you need try to fix your friendship.," Adrien adviced.

"Maybe after the court rule.," Nicole answered. "I tried before during her suspension, but she still lies about Mario, even blaming him for breaking our friendship, even thought she was the one who broke ours."

"Although she was the one who is behind the Princess Justice controversy, I do believe she just human like us.," Chloe said. "And as Nicole said people made mistakes, but also we people need to fight those mistakes and move forward."

"Chloe's right, Nicole. At least you have lots of friends now.," Luka said, and everyone hugged Nicole.

"Thank you guys, I'll never forget this.," Nicole commented.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 654 (Published: 09/24/23)

A/N: Fans can celebrate now....