Epilouge: The Future of Paris

After the departure of Joe, the friend group went back to normal days as it used to: making sure they studied hard to get passed, but it wasn't the same without Marinette, in which hurts them a little.

Within couple of weeks, the visited Marinette at the Père Lachaise Cementary, telling her about what happened, alongside how her spirit kept their friendship alive and well until now. Most of the friends also visited Lila at the Prisión de La Santé, with most of them saying they are just fine or they're okay about thier lives. Nicole, of all people in the friend group, have visted her more than often, citing her promise that she had with Lila.

After graduating in the Collège Françoise Dupont, all of the friends went on for their separte ways, but they still keep in touch with each other, and to Joe, who is in Austin. Online chatting have been the key why the stayed in touched and remained friends.

A couple of years later, all of the friends group were finished studying, and the friendship went back as it used to. They also recieved the biggest surprise of their lives as Joe also returned to Paris from Austin. Everything was changed since his departure. Alya is now a famous reporter and is married to Nino, Adrien and Zoe became fasion partners, Chloe is now the mayor of the city, among others. Slowly, the friends got surprised when they saw Joe in their eyes.

One day, Joe surpricingly meet with Lila at his coffee shop, which she looked different for some reason from the last time he saw the Turin-born Italian, whom have told the Filipino that since being freed from prison, she haven't interacted with the friend group, especially Nicole, whom she told that she always saw her being happy without her.

They once again visited Marinette's grave, but this time with Lila, whom alongside Joe, have told the deceased soul that she promised to be good to others, like she once did back in Italy, and also promised to treat them by means of respect, and not by lies and deframing others. She also apologized to ruining her life and teared for having forgiveness in her heart. Eventually, all of the friends where happy, and they'll remember Marinette anywhere they go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 388 (Published: 10/07/23)

A/N: I have one last note before ending this arc. Stay tuned...