Chapter 13: The Interviews (Part 3)

After Eva and Juleka left, Roger called the mayor.

"Mr. Mayor, I do think we should interview Mr. Bianchi and Ms. Ricci.," Roger said. "It's for good measure."

"Why is that, Mr. Raincomprix?," Andrei asked the cop.

"I do think they have a past with Ms. Rossi, who is the main suspect."

After Roger explained, Mayor Andrei approved his request. Just seconds in, Eva arrived with, shockingly, Sabrina, his daughter.

"Sir Roger, I do think this next person might shock you.," Eva consernly said and here she goes inside with Sabrina.

Roger was shock, but he had to keep this interview professionally, so he asked Eva first.

"Did Ms. Bustier mentioned that my daughter was next?"

"Ye-ah.," Eva answered.

"Okay, let's start.," Roger said.

"My daughter-"

Roger forgot that he had to handle this professionally, but he was now back to serious mode.

"I mean, Ms. Raincomprix, where were you when you found out that Ms. Dupain-Cheng died?,"

Sabrina was now nervous, already knowing from her friend Chloe that Marinette died, but she knows someone is behind the case, and despite being obvious from her classmates, she knows Lila wasn't involved.

"I already know this from Chloe, and a letter from her was the only thing I know.," Sabrina answered.

Unlike an usual father-daughter talk, Roger and Sabrina handled the questions like a professionally-conducted survey, until the last question pops up.

"Is there something suspisious about Ms. Lila Rossi?"

"I don't usually spy on people, officer, but after the Princess Justice tragedy, some of us people, including Chloe and Joe, have been suspicious about Lila.," Sabrina answered.

Roger wanted to ask her daughter, but Eva instead said what he was about to say.

"And?"

"When Mario and Nicole arrived, she got very suspicious.," Sabrina added.

Roger thanks her daughter, and Eva want to join Sabrina, but she declined it. She was prompted by Eva to call Luka.

Now that Sabrina is going back and Luka coming in, Eva and Roger talked.

"Eva, Mr. Bianchi and Ms. Ricci are also going to get interviewed.," Roger said.

"But how?," Eva asked.

"They have been mentioned a lot of times.," Roger answered. "Besides, they were Lila's enemies in the past and we need them to help this case moving forward.," he added.

Eva answered with a simple, 'Okay, partner'.

Speaking of Luka, he arrived at the site. He wasn't felling okay the second he heard Marinette's death, and he wasn't seem to recover from it. Juleka, his twin, have always talked about her friendship with the bluenette for a couple of years, and to see her cry seconds after himself hearing the news was a tragic day for the Couffaine twins.

Again, the same question was asked to Luka.

"Where were you when Ms. Dupain-Cheng died?," Roger asked.

"I was at my mom's, and saw the news on the television. I was so scared.," Luka answered. "I was so scared of what just happened, like a sad melody that ended very badly. Tears were starter to form into my eyes like a sad song, until I heard Juleka crying. That's where I confort her.," he added,  adding what could have been the additional details to his twin's statement.