ORDER #2

🍪

YOUR SHIFT lasted from opening until your lunch break at 2:30 PM - it was only 10 AM and you already wanted to clock out.
The situation of yesterday kept on replaying in your mind - even thought you were embarrassed , why was he so mad over cookies?

"ugh, sensitive much.."
"Excuse me- I heard that young lady!"

You looked up, and saw a line of people forming, you internally screamed inside - but faced the lady with a warm grin.
"I apologize, señora - I shouldn't have said that."
"Yes, you shouldn't have! Le hablarías a tus padres así?"
"Por supuesto que no señora."
"Yea, so don't talk to me like that!"

You continued to smile, but inside you were smacking this bitchy old lady. And of course, as you talked with this old lady- a even bigger line started to form. They started muttering and looking at their watches.
It's rush hour already? It's only 10!

"How about I get you started today?"

...

By the time you were done with rush hour, or more like rush hours - It was 2:25 PM, your lunch break was nearing - and you were starving.
You laid your head down on the counter, you saw no signs of any customers coming in anytime soon ; so this wouldn't do any harm right?
But almost immediately as you out your head down, someone's finger tapped on the counter.
"Wake up, y/n. It's not nap time."

You groaned and brought your head up, you faced two people.

"Oh my god, YOU?? AGAIN?"

You were face to face with the same guy from yesterday, and another guy.
He had a tattoo on his neck and short black hair, Diego and him had the same clothes on.
"In the flesh baby."

You made a disgusted face, completely forgetting on how you were embarrassed about yesterday's little argument.

"God, my lunch break is soon - get someone else to serve you." You started taking off your plastic gloves and clocking out on the company computer.
"Uh no, you're gonna serve me - it's before your lunch break right?"

You looked at the clock, 2:27 PM. Groaning, you turned back to him and grabbed new plastic gloves- putting them on your hands.

"I'm gonna assume you want sugar almond cookies?" You said smugly, your hands laying on the counter.
"Yes, I in fact do."

You typed it into the register, and turned to the other man who was standing there. He was leaning forward, interested in what was happening.
"And for you?"

He smiled politely and spoke in a calm tone, "Can I get that cookie?" He said, pointing to the glass shelf.
"The white chocolate raspberry?"
"You're so smart, yes that one please" He smiled.
You typed that into the register, and turned around to the cookie shelf in the back. Grabbing the tongs off the metal stick and snatching a plastic bag as well. You slid open the glass door to the cookie compartment, grabbing 6 almond cookies and sliding them into the bag. You closed the glass door and grabbed a metal twist tie and a label that said "almond cookies", with the bakery's logo on the bottom.
You did the same process with the white chocolate raspberry cookies.

One you finished, you took off your plastic gloves and threw them away, placed the two bags of cookies on the counter and summed up the total of the cookies. When you looked up to ask the method of payment, only the black haired man was there. He took account of your visible confusion.
"Diego went to go look around the store, we're on break right now and he's like a hungry street dog."