ORDER #4

🍪

DIEGO SAT quietly, Memo beside him lecturing him about his actions. The consequences were already hitting him fast.

"Dios mío, Diego ya salió otra."
Countless articles were coming out each second, He trended on Twitter, each of them taking a hit at Diego's reputation.

Mega Meltdown! Diego Lainez Slapped!
Published Dec 3, 3:30 PM
Diego Lainez and his girlfriend? Soccer Player Slapped!
Published Dec 3, 3:34 PM
Player Down! Lainez Slapped by Assumed Girlfriend!
Published Dec 3, 3:40 PM

DIEGO LAINEZ
trending

DIEGO GIRLFRIEND
trending

@/diegosior
You're telling me DIEGO LAINEZ has a girlfriend? and she slapped the shit out of him? what'd he dooo 😭
❤️ 1.3K 🔁900 💬500

@/kevkilir
DIEGO LAINEZ has a gf and she slapped him? tbh i dunno why i expected this u go girl beat his ass
❤️10k 🔁1.1k 💬900
|
@/selecmylove
me too LMAO i wonder what he did to get her so mad that she slapped him in front of everyone.
❤️678 🔁97 💬20
|
@/kakevs_
probs cheated on her LOLL he looks like a playboy
❤️2.3k 🔁276 💬136

Diego sulked in his chair, slithering down lower each second.
"Diego you need to apologize to her AND release a statement. You can get kicked out the team!" Kevin chimed in.
"I know Kevin."
"You fucked up, like what did you even say to her-"
"Kevin shut up"
"No because what did you say to her in the first place to-"
"KEVIN SHUT UP!"

Kevin closed his mouth and looked away. Memo turned and placed his hand on Diego's shoulder.
"You should go home, Diego. You can think about what to do over there."
Diego nodded as Memo told the driver to drive to Diego's house, he huffed and closed his eyes. He hated this, he hated everything.

...

YOU SAT in the break room of the bakery, your face was all over the internet. That was bad in itself, but you were crying and slapping someone. Not only was your privacy on the line, but so was your education.

Your phone was blowing up, messages from your parents, friends, family, random people, and your manager were constant and unstoppable.
You were so distraught, still crying- you didn't wanna go home while the sun was still up, out of fear of reporters following you home and finding your families home.

You heard the break room door open.

It was Yareli.
"Hey.."
She walked to your side, she smelt like cookies and coffee. She gave you a deep hug, your cried into her shirt.
She soothed you, drawing circles on your back with her hands.

"I'll cover your shift for the rest of the day, you should go home."
You shook your head,

"I can't."
"Why?"
"Yareli, my face is everywhere. They're probably looking for me."
Yareli sighed, "You're right. I'll give you a ride home once the shift ends, just stay here for now okay?"

You nodded and Yareli stood up, walking out of the break room to resume her work at the counter.
You had never felt so hopeless like you do now.