ORDER #16

diego-centric chapter
part 1

-

1 WEEKS UNTIL MEXICO'S GAME

🍪

WEEK TWO

🗓️
MONDAY
DIEGO'S PERSPECTIVE
THE IMPORTANT MOMENTS.

DIEGO SLEPT in memo's room all weekend, trying to concoct a way to apologize to you. he tried thinking of every single little thing she had told him. trying to think of something, something, he could apologize with.
but everything came up empty handed, nothing he could muster in his mind seemed like enough to diego.

since he was still on break, he decided to go out- look around and see anything that just caught his eye- that reminded him of the one person that was always on his mind.

he wanted to make sure everything was perfect.

he started off at a mall, strolling past every store - nothing grabbing his attention. diego had entered a jewelry shop at one point- but nothing stood out to him. he kept on moving past every store, giving them nothing less than a glance.

diego left the mall disappointed, nothing.

he didn't give up just yet. though- he continued his walk, passing by more stores around him in the plaza. he didn't want to head back to the hotel empty handed, not yet.
he gave it one more chance, looking around even deeper- trying to see if there were any stores hiding in any little corner that the eye couldn't see.

he didn't see anything, he sighed.

diego commenced his walk again, he kept on giving the plaza chances. he passes by bakeries, clothing shops, souvenir shops, and more. but nothing called out to him. diego was so close to giving up, and he didn't want to.

just as he was about to call himself a taxi, diego spotted a small store, hiding between the rest. it was a jewelry store.
there was something about this store in peculiar, something that the jewelry shop in the mall couldn't replicate.

diego hurried over, looking into the store from its windows- he walked inside. as the door opened, a bell jingled- announcing his arrival.
the store was miniscule, which is why diego probably didn't take note of it at first. there was a front counter, behind the counter there was a doorway that was covered by curtains. a squat old lady stood by the counter.

"bonjour! hello!"
the old lady's voice was just barely above a whisper, almost as if she had lost her voice.

"uh, hi! ehm.." diego looked around, "do you guys have jewelry?"
"well, yes of course! we make it! what are you looking for, cher?"

diego rubbed his neck, "well, i wanna buy a necklace for my girlfriend, as an apology yknow? i, kinda screwed up."

"oh cher, i know how that feels."
"really?"
the squat lady smiled sadly, "of course, i'm glad you're making an attempt to apologize- you really care right?"
"of course, she's like... my everything at this point."
"i'll make sure your girlfriend has the most beautiful necklace, manufactured with much love."
the old lady disappeared into the covered room, leaving diego alone in the front. he was confused, but he didn't want to leave so he waited.

the lady eventually came back, she had 3 stacked trays in her hands. she carefully placed them onto the front counter, climbing onto what seemed to be a step-stop because she grew a few inches higher. she unstacked the trays, laying them beside each other.