ORDER #13

🍪

THE AIRPORT was crowded once more, just like in mexico - the only difference is that you didn't know most of the things people were asking you.
your french wasn't that advanced to be understanding what the reporters were saying, all you heard was your name and diego's name being thrown around constantly. cameras and microphones shoved into your face as you made it over to luggage reclaim.

diego held onto your hand firmly, he walked in front of you, leading the way. he'd already dont this many times before, walking through airports with cameras being shoved into his face as he maneuvered his way thought the crowds, the only difference being you of course.
he obviously didn't want you to get lost in the sea of people, even though you had bodyguards surrounding you ; they still couldn't stop the crowd from shoving against you.
eventually, diego led you out of the crowd - into a hallway,  following the line of his teammates.

you were surprised to be met with the luggage reclaim center, you had assumed your bag was up in front with the luggage of normal civilians and tourists.

"i never knew that there was a private luggage reclaim?"
diego laughed, "it's a perk."

diego grabbed his suitcase as it passed by on the conveyor belt, once he had his - he kept an eye out for yours.
even though there was a sea of luggage thanks to the team and all their hair products, diego managed to spot yours and grab it out.

"damn, i'm feeling like royalty already." you joked.

⚽️

AS THE NIGHT settled, the team made its way to the hotel. a bus picked all of you up at once, everyone was ready to get to the hotel.

the team had departed the airport at 6 AM, the flight taking around 10 hours. you arrived in the Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris at 11 PM.

obviously the team was staying in paris, the staple of france. the delicious food, landmarks, and of course - it was the city of love.
to your knowledge, you had no idea what hotel you were staying at, and neither did most of the team. but, you all knew that memo would obviously know. the whole team was urging to know where they were staying at so they could prepare their adventures.

but memo was snoring away in his seat, his shrimp neck pillow that the team gifted him for his birthday was wrapped around his neck- stabilizing his head.
no one wanted to wake him up, in fear that they would release an upset and angry memo.

eventually, most of the team ended up falling asleep. the bus driver dimmed the lights to create a sleepish aura - almost like he was trying to get the last few awake players to slip into a deep sleep.
only 4 players were left awake, including diego - edson, raul, and chucky were the other ones awake. kevin was passed out, his face laying on the window - his breath creating a fog.

as you watched netflix on your phone, diego was slowly nodding in and out of sleep. his head flinching upwards once he caught himself falling asleep.
it took you awhile to notice this continuous pattern, as you were too invested in the movie you were watching.

"diego, just go to sleep."
"what? im not... im not tired."

his head continued nodding, falling front and backwards.
you sighed, this man was so stubborn it hurt.

"here," you moved your hair from your shoulder and gently placed his head down, "you can use my shoulder."
"no its fine really-"
"diego."

he looked at you, before looking back down. almost immediately - he was sleeping.
you sighed, placing your head on his - and continued watching your movie. soon enough, you fell asleep as well, diego's presence was calming for some reason.