7

The girl would be lying if she said she wasnt surprised at how quickly she got close with Jay. Usually, Hyeri would be quieter, less willing to start conversations, avoiding them no matter what.

But Jay made it so easy to be comfortable, does that make sense? They'd known eachother for a week now, and they'd become practically attached at the hip.

Jay sat on a beanbag, scrolling through tiktok when Hyeri leaned in from behind.

"What're you watching?" She questioned, looking at the screen.

"This thing everyone's making, dalgona coffee. It looks pretty easy but people keep messing it up." Jay said, obviously confused. All you had to do was whip the coffee, how hard can that be?

"Never mind that, let me see your videos." Said Hyeri, snatching the phone off Jay.

The excitement was wiped off her face and Jay laughed. "You're one of those, user1782818 kinda people." Hyeri muttered in disgust.

"Hey! What's wrong with that?" Jay asked, laughing at the girls reaction.

Hyeri gingerly handed the phone back to Jay. "Your phone's on 43%, better charge it soon. Wanna try?"

"Try what?"

"Making dalgona coffee."

And that's how the two found themselves in the kitchen once again.

"I swear we practically live here, you know? All we do is cook and eat together." Jay said as he pulled out a spoon.

"Let's watch a movie tonight then. What are you doing with that?" Hyeri asked as Jay pulled out a hand whisk

"It's to whisk the coffee."

"But I have an electronic one."

"That'll be no fun then."

"Ok, you can handmake yours or whatever and I'll use the device. Let's see who's turns out better."

"Deal, winner gets a wish." Jay proposed.

"Deal."

-

"Now what the hell is this? What did you do?" Hyeri accused Jay, spitting out her coffee

"Nothing I swear." Jay laughed at her reaction.

Ok, maybe he hid the sugar so Hyeri would forget about sweetening her drink but that shouldn't affect the outcome, right?

"Fine, you win. What do you want?" Hyeri asked, trading her coffee with Jays.

"Uhhh, I can't think of anything right now."

"That's no fun."

"I'll save it for later, why'd you take my coffee?" Jay questioned.

"Take a guess big guy." Hyeri teased, drowning the drink in one go.

"So, do you wanna vacuum while I grocery shop, and then we can watch the movie tonight? Or do you wanna come with and then we can both vacuum when we get back." Hyeri asked once all the dishes were clean

"Can I come with?" Jay asked

"Ok, meet you downstairs in 5?"

"Deal."

Grocery shopping was weird. Usually, there's be kids running around the store, begging their parents to buy them magazines and candy, there'd be workers slacking off and gossiping about their managers and at least one Karen making a fuss at the counter.

But today, the store was empty, with three workers max, all socially distanced.

"This is so weird." Hyeri mumbled to herself, wiping the trolley.