15

Midday rolled around and Hyeri felt a little colder than usual.

"Maybe winters coming faster that anticipated." She pondered, pouring herself a cup of chamomile tea.

The sun had almost set when Hyeri started feeling a little dizzy.

"Damn, I feel loopy. This is weird." She thought, holding on to a counter as she stood up from her seat.

"You good?" Jay noticed the girl trying to blink away her dizziness.

"Yeah. Probably just my iron deficiency." Hyeri replied.

The sun had set when Hyeri's throat stared tingling.

"Jay, did you do something funny to the food today?" Hyeri questioned, digging through a cabinet attempting to find some Panadol.

"Nah, why? What's wrong?" Jay appeared next to Hyeri within seconds.

"I don't know, I've felt a little weird all day." Hyeri replied, closing her eyes in frustration

Jay looked at the girls flushed cheeks and put a hand to her forehead.

"Hyeri, you're burning up. I think you've got a cold coming your way." He said, grabbing her by the shoulders and guiding her to her room

"How do you know? I'm probably just tired from being up so early." Hyeri said.

"Doesn't your throat hurt? Aren't you dizzy? You're sweating even though it's like 12 degrees and your face is kinda red." Jay replied in one breath.

"I thought my face was red because of Jays effect on me, not coz of a fever." Hyeri thought to her self.

"But we were only out for like 10 minutes this morning. I can't have caught a fever coz of that." Hyeri mumbled.

"It's possible. You should probably rest now and hope you don't get sick, or else you might feel worse later."

A thought suddenly drifted into Hyeri's head.

She grabbed Jays hand, really hard. Jay nearly screamed in pain when he felt Hyeri's fingernails dig a little deep into his skin.

"Jay. What's if it's Corona?" The girls eyes widened.

"You need to leave my room right now, Jay get out! I'm serious!" She added, getting out of bed and kicking Jay to the door.

Jay thought as he inspected his hand for any marks at the expense of Hyeri.

"I doubt it. You don't have all the symptoms for Corona and we haven't been outside in ages. And there was no one outside this morning. Besides, if you did have corona, I would have it too since we're so close."

"Seriously, you don't need to isolate or anything." Jay added, approaching Hyeri once again

Hyeri huffed. "I guess you're right."

"You know I am." Jay smirked. "Now let me take care of you"

They spent the rest of the night sipping on honey lemon tea, getting cosy under thick blankets and binging Gilmore girls on a laptop.

"Loralines amazing." Jay commented.

"Yeah, she reminds me of my mum." Hyeri replied.

"Speaking of which, did you mum reply to your message yet?" Jay asked, pausing the episode.

"Not yet, but I'm sure everything will be fine." Hyeri answered truthfully. "How about your friends, anyone called yet?" Hyeri asked facing Jay.

"I was actually gonna call them tonight. We live together so it's been weird being away from them for so long." Jay closed his eyes, breathing in.

Living with everyone could get hard sometimes. I mean, seven boys in a dorm couldn't always be a good thing. Regardless, Jay still cherished all his members and missed them dearly after being away for so long.

He seriously hadn't spent this much time away from everyone in all the time he had known them.

"Oooh you should call them! Introduce me! You know my mum, it's only fair I know your friends." Hyeri shook Jays arm.

Jay looked at the girl and pondered.

Would this be a dumb decision?

Nah, what's the worse that could happen.

No. Ni-ki would tease Jay for days on end for being with a girl.

Nah, Ni-ki might not even be there.

After weighing the pros and cons for what seemed to be years, Jay finally nod his head in agreement.

Hyeri squealed in excitement, forgetting all about her flu. "Jay, do I look ok? I don't wanna give Jungwon and Sunoo a bad first impression." Hyeri asked, fixing her hair

Jay playfully scoffed in annoyance.

"I mean, they might be my boyfriend in the future, I wanna start off our relationship right." Hyeri continued, pulling out a hairbrush and some lipgloss.

"What do you need them for? I'm right here?" Jay mumbled, but Hyeri caught it.

"What was that Jay? You never know, Jungwon might be the sweetest boyfriend ever." Hyeri twirled a piece of hair in her finger.

"Ok. So. Realistically speaking, I'm a way better candidate for being your boyfriend. I mean, I can cook. I can clean. I can do your hair and makeup. I spend time doing whatever you want. And I'm handsome.!" Jay counted his arguments on his fingers.

Jay knew the girl was teasing him, but still felt the need to provide reasons as to why he would treat Hyeri so well. I mean, it had been like two weeks since he had met Hyeri, but two weeks was all it took for Jay to fall for the girl.

"-I mean, I've even proposed to you already! Why won't you accept my love?" Jay started to get a little dramatic.

"Ugh, it's so noisy! I feel dizzy-"

"Hyeri are you ok? Do you need some water? Massage? Panadol?" Jay immediately stopped nagging, paying attention to the girl beside him.

"Finally! You were going on and on for so long. I just needed you to be quiet for a bit." Hyeri cut in smugly.

Hyeri and Jay looked at eachother, Hyeri felt proud of herself for making Jay quiet while Jay felt shocked that Hyeri was so open.

"Fine, if you won't listen to me talk about my love for you, you can feel my love for you." Jay suggested.

"What does that even mean-"

Hyeri was interrupted by Jay snuggling with her in her bed, hugging her tightly.

"So suddenly...?" Hyeri's thoughts flew in her mind as she leaned into the boys warm embrace.

Hyeri and Jay stayed like that for a while before the air turned a little awkward.

"Why aren't you speaking?" Hyeri asked, breathing in Jays honey like scent.

"You told me to stop because your head hurts." Jay replied, whispering into Hyeri's head.

This sent shivers down her spine, causing Hyeri to blush

"You idiot! Don't whisper like that. I said stop being so loud, I didn't tell you to stop talking." Hyeri scolded Jay, softly hitting his arm.

Suddenly Jays face scrunched up in confusion.

"Wait, I swear I didn't hit you that hard, why do you look like tha-"

"No angel, it's not you. My friend messaged me earlier and told me he would call me in around 45 minutes. It's been 43 minutes since then." Jay realised.

"You sure you wanna talk to them? They can be kinda..." Jay warned the girl

"Yes!" Hyeri interjected. "I'm ready."