19

"Let's watch something." Hyeri suggested after washing all the dishes.

"If we start a movie now, it'll go too late into the night." Jay pointed out.

"A series then?"

"But binging shows take even more time."

Hyeri didn't know the reason behind his actions, but the girl had started to notice how Jay had started living in a routine. He wasn't as relaxed as he was when they had first met.

It was unbeknownst to the girl that Jay didn't want to stay up too late, only because he knew that Hyeri despised late nights.

Hyeri observed how Jay would wake up super early in the morning and exercise for an hour each day. He'd then sing and dance to who knows what. Jay would call his friends, spend time writing in his book or working online. He'd cook and do his share of chores and end the night later and later each day.

"It's none of my business." Hyeri had already decided. But just because it wasn't her business, didn't make Hyeri any less curious as to why the boy chose to live such a hectic routinely lifestyle.

"How about...Dash and Lilly? Never have I ever? Oh! I am not ok with this! Let's watch that." Hyeri excitedly explained.

"You're not ok with what?" Jay asked, bringing out ice cream as he sat down on the bean bag. Three weeks ago, the bean bags had always been situated on separate sides of the tv. Now, the beanbags were right next to eachother, no space left between them.

"No, that's the name of the show. I am not ok with this. Sophia Lillis? Wyatt Oleff? Broo I used to have the BIGGEST obsession with IT." Hyeri looked at Jay who looked clueless. "Wait you don't know IT?"

"No..." Jay meekly replied.

What. The. Hell.

"Next movie night. Fine. We'll watch IT. Need to educate your ass." Hyeri replied, playing the series.

Jay got up from the beanbag.

"Hey, I didn't mean that. Don't leave, you're super smart and all-" Hyeri started.

"Hyeri, can I hug your pink plushie tonight?" Jay asked, approaching the bear on the shelf.

"Why would you need that when you can hug me?" Hyeri muttered under her breath

"Sorry?"

"Yeah, take it. Just make sure it doesn't get dirty." Hyeri replied, nodding her head in approval.

Jay walked back to the beanbag and laughed.

"If you wanted to hug me so bad, you could've just asked. Jay smiled.

"Might aswell take this opportunity." Hyeri thought, pulling the boy close to her and wrapping his arms around herself.

Skinship was something normal between the two. They had become used to it. So why did Hyeri turn to her side and see Jay blushing really hard? And why was Hyeri reciprocating his nervous actions?

"Snap out of it. Or he'll think you're weird." Hyeri told herself.

"Sorry. Was this too sudden? Do you wanna stop?" Hyeri asked the boy who looked down at his lap.

"No. It's nice." He finally muttered.

Gosh why did he have to say that? Now I'm flustered.

They settled down and started the show.

Jay sat the bear into his lap and occasionally fed Hyeri spons of ice cream.

The combination of a full belly, dim lights and the comforting warmth Jay provided caused Hyeri to feel sleepy.

Through hooded eyes, the girl grabbed her phone and checked the time

"11.43? It's late...sleep..." The exhausted girl sighed, attempting to get up, only to be pulled back down by Jay

"Stay." He whispered softly into her ear.

Jay now had his chin resting on Hyeri's head, hands rubbing comforting circles into her arm. Hyeri relaxed back into his embrace and closed her eyes.

"I'll rest for a bit then." She said before her breath started to even out.

It had been what? 10 minutes before Jay did anything at all.

Hyeri was half conscious before Jay moved his hands to cup Hyeri's cheeks. He slowly placed the bear on the floor and cuddled her close.

"I don't wanna leave when lockdowns over. You've become someone so special to me, you know? And it's been what? A month? What happens when I have to leave? My manager won't be too happy to hear that I wanna stay here. It'll just cause a bunch of problems." Jay sighed softly. He genuinely sounded like he was in pain.

The boy didn't know what to do. Stay with Hyeri and be truly happy or leave and finish what he started. What he worked so hard for.

Hyeri felt eyes inspecting her face so intensely.

"When did I fall in love with you?" Jay whispered.

Oh.

Hyeri's eyes snapped wide open. She was most definately awake now.

Jay screamed. Like really loud.

"NO. WHAT? YOU WERE AWAKE?" he yelled, covering his face.

"YES? I TOLD YOU I WAS GONNA REST?" Hyeri yelled back

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME TO STOP TALKING THEN?"

"BECAUSE YOU SOUNDED LIKE YOU WERE SAYING SOMETHING IMPORTANT? I DIDNT WANNA STOP YOU?"

Jay started breathing really fast

"Wait, are you ok? Jay?" Hyeri asked, getting up and placing a comforting hand on his back.

"Yeah, I just can't- I can't breathe."

Hyeri guided the boy to his seat, giving him space to calm down.

"It's ok, take your time." She kept muttering words of encouragement.

When he finally calmed down, Jay would not meet Hyeri's eyes.

"I mean yeah. What I said was true. I like you, I really do. But I don't wanna make you feel uncomfortable for the rest of the week. You don't have to give me an answer." Jay spoke as he fumbled with his fingers.

"I honestly thought that I would be able to confess to you in a more romantic way." The boy added, trailing off his words.

Hyeri had the nerve to laugh in this tense situation.

It had taken a while for Jay to calm down, but that didn't mean his emotions were still on edge.

Jays head snapped up. He looked as if he was close to tears.

"Why are you laughing? This is so humiliating..."

"I'm sorry, I'm not laughing at you."

Jay looked at Hyeri in disbelief.

"No really, I'm not. It's just that I never imagined that you would beat me in confessing." Hyeri smiled softly, holding Jays hands in her own

Jays eyes widened in shock.

"Hwayjs-" he disfunctioned. "Does that mean-"

"Jay." Hyeri placed her fingers on his chin and gently tilted his face so that he would look at her. "I like you too."