22

"you'll be going back to Seoul tonight, right?" Hyeri asked as she stood outside the bathroom door.

"Yeah, I've organised someone to pick me up. You'll stay here?" Jay asked from inside the bathroom

The duo were currently getting ready for bed. Seeing that they had less than a day left together, the couple were holding onto eachother dearly.

Hyeri needed to shower? It's ok, Jay would stand outside and talk to her from there. Jay needed to change into his pyjamas? It's ok, Hyeri would be on call as she changed into her own for the night. Hyeri needed to take a shi- Ok. Maybe they did spend some time apart. It was rare though

"Maybe I'll go stay with Yunjin and her family until this whole situation dies down." Hyeri replied as Jay exited the bathroom

"All done?"

"Nah. I still gotta take a shower."

"Kay. Be quick. I'll be waiting for you."

Hyeri migrated to her room and ended up scrolling through her Instagram feed.

"Oh? Yunjins online?" She saw her best friend was active and decided to video call her.

"What do you want rat?" A voice spoke up from the other side. "Just kidding. Hey girl."

"Ugh, I shouldn't have called you. I thought you'd wanna hear about how I have a boyfriend now but I guess not." Hyeri rolled her eyes.

A pause.

"WHAT?" Yunjin screamed, popping up on then screen at an alarming speed.

Hyeri faked her shyness and twirled a strand of hair in her finger. Her attempts at staying humble resulted in vain

"Yeahhh, Jay and I are like this now." She said, clasping her hands together firmly, then forming a finger heart.

Yunjins eyes only widened even more.

"YOU'RE NOT LYING! OHMYGOD! THIS IS REAL!" Yunjin obliterated Hyeri's ears.

Hyeri only laughed at her best friends reaction. Throughout their friendship, the two friends had never actively dated anyone. Short flings, weird flirts and never getting past the taking stage resulted in the two vowing to never date anyone they weren't serious about.

"I mean, we've wasted so much time on these useless guys, let's just seriously date so we can avoid the heartbreak." Yunjin had once said while eating ice cream after dumping a boy.

Hyeri covered her face in embarassment. "I'm being for real. This is so weird, don't make it weirder. We're dating."

Yunjin covered her mouth which was hanging wide open. "Hwgaush" she gushed, disfunctioned and gaped all at once.

"When??" She finally managed.

"Well it all happened-" Hyeri was interrupted by a male voice

"Hyeri? I'm done. Who are you taking to-" Jay walked in "oh."

Yunjins eyes widened even wider in shock, if that what even possible.

"Ain't no way..." She trailed off, looking at Jay.

Jay froze at the sight of Yunjin.

Flashback to when Hyeri told Yunjin about how she was housing a stranger while they met at the grocery store, Yunjin had only managed to catch a glimpse of a man with a hoodie covering his face. That man being Jay.

Yunjin had only known how the boys name was Jay, he was stranded and had no-one here, and somehow thought of the fact that the band that her little sister followed also had a member called Jay, who had mysteriously gone missing around the same time.

Her suspicions from that time had been confirmed, although Yunjin didn't know if Hyeri was aware of just who she had fallen for.

"Does she know." Was all Yunjin said.

Hyeri looked confusedly at the screen. What was going on? Why was Yunjin talking to Jay? They didn't even know eachother...right?

"No." Was all Jay replied with.

Ok, this was freaky.

Hyeri looked back and forth between the two. Jay was looking down at his feet now, not saying a word. Yunjin was looking at Jay so fiercely before re-directing her face to Hyeri.

"Hyeri." Yunjin started. "Jay here happens to be an idol. Like a really famous one." Yunjin spoke up before Jay had the chance to say anything.

What?

"He's the one that's been missing, remember I told you?" Yunjin continued.

Hyeri turned to Jay. She wasn't crying, but she definately felt like her trust was being torn apart.

"Jay? Is this true?"

Jay would not meet her eyes. He didn't have the courage to speak, incase his voice cracked.

Jay had finally found the one thing in the world that loved him for who he really was, the one person who cherished him and supported him without knowing his true identity.

That was being taken away now. All of a sudden.

Jay didn't deny what Yunjin said, only nodding his head as a response.

Hyeri looked back at her phone, Yunjins eyes softened as she saw how much pain her best friend was in.

"I'll call you back, ok?" Hyeri ended the call.

Hyeri inhaled deeply and collected her emotions. She turned to Jay, face void of any expression.

"Don't you think you should have told me?" Was all she said before Jay started to sob.

He looked up at her, face wet with tears.

"Hyeri..." He started but was cut off.

"I think we should spend some time apart. I don't trust myself to speak right now without hurting you." Jay could practically feel the physical barrier being out up between them.

He had to respect it, ofcourse, despite the fact that he would be leaving in around 6 hours and 43 minutes.

He didn't want to but Jay left Hyeri alone and went straight to his room, were he proceeded to bawl his eyes out.

Was there any way for the couple to reconcile before lockdown ended?

Was there any chance that the couple would at least say goodbye to eachother?

Was there any hope that Jays lie wouldn't negatively effect the outcome of their relationship?