14

"This is so annoying." The sleep deprived girl rolled over to check the time on her phone. She struggled to locate her device for a few minutes before she finally decided to open her eyes.

Hyeri turned on her phone, room illuminating with a bright light, causing the girl to squint and rub her eyes.

"3.43am?" Hyeri thought, skeptical.

Hyeri had gone to sleep at around 10 o'clock the night prior, which she thought would be good for her health. All the late nights before that didn't seem to have the greatest effect on her energy levels.

Hyeri focused, losing her desire to sleep every second she started awake.

"Oh. It's raining." She finally noticed the pitter patter if rain drops hitting her window. It didn't seem to be too harsh, just a light passing shower.

Hyeri suddenly felt the need to go outside. Weeks of being cooped up inside her apartment had done her no good. Surely this wouldn't harm anyone right? No one in their right mind would be wandering around the streets at this time. 3am is the spooky hour afterall.

Hyeri pulled on a wooly sweater and tidied her hair, wiping the sleep from her eyes.

She walked out of her room quietly, making sure to not disturb Jay in the room one door down. They did have thin walls Afterall.

Hyeri was just about to open her door after struggling with her shoes when she heard a noise.

"No way he's up right now..." She thought, taking her shoes off by the door and making her way to the spare room.

Hyeri knocked once. Twice. Thrice.

"Hyeri...?" A sleepy voices echoed from inside.

The girl took his response as an affirmation and opened the door.

"What are you doing? It's so early." She questioned the boy who was leaned over a desk in a fluffy black hoody.

"He looks so cute and soft right now I just wanna pinch his cheeks jshexahdjwbdjks" she thought, leaning behind Jay and looking into the desk in order to catch a glimpse of what the latter was doing.

"Writing lyrics. For fun. The weather just seemed right, so I thought I'd do this." Jay replied, attempting to push the yawn back down.

"Why are you dressed?" He asked, finally observing the girl behind him.

Oh. my. god.

Hyeri was reading whatever Jay wrote with such concentration, her hair was falling past her shoulders, almost tickling Jays face. Maybe it was the fact that Hyeri was visiting Jay at a weird time, the fact that Jay had been up all night and had become a little loopy from the lack of rest or the way the lamp on the desk perfectly highlighted Hyeri's most prominent features. But Jay swore he felt his heart skip a beat.

Hyeri had never looked more beautiful in Jays eyes.

"Well..." Hyeri started, re directing her attention from Jays book to Jays face.

"I heard the rain and I wanted to go outside. No one's gonna be out there so we can leave our masks behind. I just thought it'd be fun."

Jay smiled.

"And then I heard you making noise and thought that you might want to accompany me. Just a thought..." Hyeri explained.

And that's how the duo found themselves strolling through the abandoned streets at 3am. It felt like there was no one in the world that mattered except for Jay and Hyeri, who existed in their little bubble. There was no one outside, making noise. No animals barking or screeching. No cars or bicycles passing by. Just Hyeri and Jay.

This is how the duo wanted to live their lives. Peacefully and happily, with no worries about the rest of the world.

The duo had decided not to talk. It was their first time enjoying the outside world in a while, they didn't want to attract attention to themselves from anyone else.

The rain slowly started pelting down, heavier drops of water littering the side walks, signalling that the rain was about to get heavier.

"We should probably head back now, huh?" Asked Hyeri.

"Yeah don't wanna get sick." Jay replied.

The unspoken silence resumed, but it was comfortable.

When the pair returned, at approximately 4.15, they each took a shower and changed their clothes.

"There's no point in going back to bed, do you want coffee?" Hyeri asked as Jay dried his hair with a towel.

"Sure." He replied, sitting down on the kitchentop bench.

Jay watched Hyeri bring out coffee powder and hot water before he realised.

"Hey! Where's the milk and sugar?"

"Why would you need milk and sugar?"

No way.

"Hyeriiii." Jay got up, taking control of the drinks. "I won't let you suffer by drinking whatever you were going to make."

"Fine maid Jay. Do what you have to do." Hyeri replied

"Don't call me Maid Jay."

"Then what should I call you?"

Jay pondered with his hand on his chin. "How about lover Jay?" He finally suggested.

Hyeri looked up in disgust. She admits, she had sonehwat developed a crush of some sort on the guy Infront of her. But when Jay said stupid stuff like that, Hyeri wanted to strangle the boy and steal all his money.

"Don't mess around like that. It's annoying." She commented.

"Ok." Jay noted, nodding his head. "We can discuss our relationship after lockdown ends."

"Realistically, I don't think we'll ever cross paths again. I mean, where are you from?" Hyeri questioned.

"Seoul."

"Yeah, that's like 4 hours away?" Hyeri said, sipping the drink Jay handed her.

"Hyeri, we can make it work if we want to. I promise." Jay said. "At this point, it sounds like you won't want to see me ever again." Jay joked lightly.

Hyeri furrowed her eyebrows. "Don't say things like that Jay. I'm serious." She scolded the boy Infront of her.

"We're still gonna be close after all this. I'm not gonna let you go." Hyeri added thoughtfully.

Jay smirked. "Let's get married then. What do you think? We can be together forever like this."

Jay ended up on his knees that morning, begging for forgiveness after teasing Hyeri, simply because she threatened to change the WiFi password and leave Jay WiFi-less.