Eighteen (Part 1)

Nothing prepared Nico for the monster Lena became the morning of her wedding. As a bridesmaid, her sole duty was to show up on time at the hotel, not get in anybody's way and make sure things were going smoothly as much as she possibly could.

Some things were just way out of her control.

"This isn't what we agreed on.. I look hideous!" Lena shrieked as she looked into the mirror.

The makeup was actually stunning on her features, but Nico didn't dare speak up. Instead she just glanced at Lena's other bridesmaids who were equally on edge.

Thankfully, Nico knew how to do her own makeup so she just turned back to the mirror and finished applying her under eye powder, to last all night.

"Okay, we can try again, there's plenty of time. Which part don't you like?" The sweet lady doing her makeup asked.

"Everything!"

Lena's wedding planner, an older woman named Yolanda who looked like she knew what she was doing, walked into the bridal room with her notebook and headset on.

"What's going on? We have to start heading to the church in an hour. How is your makeup not done??"

Nico took that as her cue to exit Lena's room and move to the adjacent one, where Jada was already camped out.

They had rented out a few rooms on that floor and the one below for the bridal party, and Nico and Jada were sharing the room for the night as they likely were getting drunk enough to not head home. Having the reception at the hotel and being able to crash right after was a luxury she thanked Lena for as soon as she made her a bridesmaid.

"What kind of maid of honor are you?" Nico teased as she put her makeup bag down on the bathroom counter.

Jada made space on the bench next to her.

"One that's here for a good time. Lena is paying somebody to stress over her big day, she won't be stressing me," Jada blew on her brush before applying her face powder. "I call dibs on this room tonight, by the way."

Nico raised a brow. "Thought we were getting shit faced together?"

They were having an open bar at the reception, which only called for absolute madness, and an equally great time.

"We can still do that.. but you gotta find somewhere else to sleep... unless you wanna listen to me fucking."

Nico laughed. "Fucking who?"

Jada shrugged her shoulders. "Have you seen all of Colin's fine ass friends? I'm gonna find one to hook up with."

"What about Tobias?"

"Um.. what about him? He won't be at the wedding," she said, referring to the man she was dating, and if Nico recalled correctly, things were pretty serious.

She said nothing and just finished all the finishing touches to make sure her face was flawless.

"Stop judging me," Jada said. "If Carter wasn't coming, you'd be on the same shit."

"I don't know, girl.. think those days are behind me."

Even if Carter wasn't showing up, she wasn't trying to hook up with any ol' body in the name of it being a fun, one-of-a-kind type night.

That didn't sound fun to Nico anymore.

"NOOO!" Jada exclaimed as she clutched her chest dramatically. She crouched over in pain. "He took my bitch.."

Nico giggled. "He didn't take me. I just don't see the need to be with anybody else, even in the name of having a good time. My man satisfies me."

"Her man.." she struggled to get the words out as she gripped her blush brush. Jada slammed it into the counter. "She's claiming him... Lord Jesus if you can hear me...."