Forty-five (Part 2)

Monday

"Wait. I'm scared," Nico said, glancing nervously back at everyone as she stood on the ledge of the yacht.

Music played loudly, drinks were being passed around and everyone was having a great ass time.

"Aw. It's okay you don't have to jump," Jada said, loosening one arm from the towel around her and extending her hand for Nico to come back down.

Her hair was stuck to her face as she had just come out the water, and they were all taking turns jumping.

Shit, Jada was over there doing backflips, and Nico was too scared to go in with both feet.

"Nah, we all went in. She has to go in too!" Ryan said, pushing Jada's hand away from helping her.

"Yeah," Sera agreed. "Come on.. it's fun. Go in before the sun sets," she said as her teeth chattered from the cold.

Getting into that cold ass water did not look like fun to Nico.

In fact, their peer pressure had gotten her up from the top of the yacht where she was laying with a book and getting her tan on. She wasn't even trying to get in the water as she'd done all her swimming the last two days and just blow dried her hair that morning.

Nico glanced back at the water warily.

Their boat was stationary, just floating in the middle of the Caribbean Sea. They were half an hour away from sunset, and they wanted to watch it from the boat.

"Okay fine..." she conceded, as a few people were waiting for her to jump. She turned and leaned forward and immediately leaned back. "Wait no... wait okay........ I'll go in......... WAIT," she yelled, holding her balance just before actually jumping in.

Jada grabbed onto her hand to hold her before she fell.

"Nico come on just jump!" Sera encouraged her.

"But I'm scareeeed," she whined, wanting to do it but the fear was holding her back.

She needed a few more seconds.

Nico took a deep breath just as Zach was walking by, back from grabbing a drink from the kitchen.

"You still haven't jumped??"

"I'm scared," she pouted her lips.

"Aw.."

He pressed one hand to her ass and pushed her into the water before she could say anything else, making her yelp as her arms flung in the air.

When her feet hit the water, she held onto her breath as she sank beneath the surface. It took a while for her momentum to help her come back up but when she did, she let out a shriek as she pushed her hair out of her face.

"I'm gonna kill you!" She yelled at his laughing face from the top of the boat.

In fact, everybody was laughing at her.

Nico swam quickly over towards the ladder to climbed back on, but Zach had already made a run for it towards the other end of the yacht.

She didn't even grab a towel, she ran after him immediately.

Nico caught him at the other end of the yacht, where a different group of people were laying down just chatting.

"I'm sorry," he laughed when he was trapped at the bow of the yacht and held her at an arm's length away.

The girl Marcus had brought, Alexis, was laying down tanning on her front and next to her was Penny, who she suspected had something going on with Zach. She didn't understand the dynamic between the two, but it made her very curious because she saw them together a lot and talking a lot. Neither looked happy to be doing it either... it was just weird.