Forty-one

"I'm hungry."

"Shh," Nico waved her sister off.

"I'm hungry and I'm boreeedddd," Gianna groaned as she hung upside down off the couch. She looked towards the other couch to her sister as she watched the latest Black Mirror episodes. "Entertain me."

Nico slowly turned away from the screen to see Gigi had turned to attempting to do a handstand. "Entertain you? Do I look like a clown?"

"Yeah, you kinda do," she joked, using her left foot to propel her off the couch and onto her hands, but she fell back onto the couch again. "When's Carter getting here? He'll entertain me."

The two of them were heading to see the new live action Little Mermaid, which Carter was gladly skipping out on, but planned on taking them out to eat and play afterwards. He didn't know what else 14-year-old girls enjoyed, but the mention of hitting up an arcade seemed to be a hit when he mentioned it because Gigi was really looking forward to it.

"Shush," Nico repeated, turning the TV up a couple levels and bringing her knees to her chest. "This isn't gonna end well," she muttered to herself about the storyline.

Gianna entertained herself as she attempted her handstand and Nico had unconsciously brought the remote to her lips as she watched on the edge of her seat.

There was a knock at the door that Nico made a small squeal at as it coincided with the beast on her screen jumping out abruptly, and it scared Gianna enough that she toppled over onto the coffee stand.

"Ouch," Gianna said as she fell to the ground.

Nico snorted. "Shouldn't be doing that in my house.."

She stood and opened to door to see Carter standing there. He wore a North Face vest and a beanie, but his nose was red from the cold. Winter was coming, and he appreciated the heat exiting Nico's apartment as soon as the door opened.

He wasted no time entering her apartment.

Carter leaned down to peck Nico's lips but the kiss didn't land as she had moved behind him to shut the door.

"Heyyy Carter," Gianna said, her voice strained with pain as she rubbed her knee as it hit the hardest.

Nico returned to her seat on the couch.

His brow rose as he cautiously made his way towards her. "You good, Gianna?"

"Yeah.. just... starving. Is that food for me?" She asked with a hopeful tone as she sat up.

He laughed as he glanced down at the Chic-Fil-A logo on the bag. "Yeah. You wanted the spicy sandwich, right?"

She grinned and nodded as she reached for the bag before he even dropped it onto the table.

She immediately started unraveling the packaging. "You saved me from starving to death. This woman was tryna kill me."

Nico narrowed her eyes at her little sister. "You're acting like I'm running some kinda starvation camp. I made you avocado toast this morning."

"Yeah and I didn't eat it because I hate avocados," Gigi shrugged and wasted no time biting into the sandwich. "They're nasty."

"I like avocados," Carter said.

Gianna sent a look his way. "You're nasty," she told him.

He chuckled.

"Stop eating with your mouth full," Nico scolded her.

Gianna childishly opened her mouth wider and began to smack while she ate.

Nico rolled her eyes. "At least say thank you.."