Fifty-eight (Part 4)

Had to double update for y'all the way y'all been soooo supportive. Genuinely love and appreciate all the comments ❤️❤️❤️

Anywho........ enjoy 😏😏

———

3 months later...

"This is the ghettoest shit I've ever seen in my life," Jada laughed as she entered the backyard of Carter's dad's house, a blue gift box in her hand.

The theme for Xavier's first birthday party was The Notorious B.I.G style, with a round backdrop stand at the back of the backyard that that said 'The Big ONE' along with a large picture of Xavier's mean mugging face with a gold crown on top.

There were balloons everywhere, black, white and gold, and there were signs everywhere with lyrics to Biggie songs.

'It's all good baby, baby' and 'sicker than your average' and 'it was all a dream' were posted near the cake, the tables and the bouncy castle.

It was so fucking ratchet, and Jada was not the least bit surprised as she gave Carter a once over.

"Take a shirt," he smiled, extending a black t-shirt, similar to the one he had on, to Jada as he took a sip of the cup in his hand.

He was tipsy as hell, making Jada laugh as she opened up the t-shirt.

"...No you did not put his crying face on here," Jada muttered, holding the t-shirt up to see for herself, even though Carter was wearing it.

It was just black, large sized t-shirt that had a picture he took of Xavier when he was crying once on it.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Jada threw the t-shirt back at him, appalled that he was handing it out like it was party favors.

"What's wrong with him that he's always crying?" Carter shot back, picking the t-shirt off the ground and folding it back up, since she wasn't appreciative.

It was limited edition too, as he only got like 20 made for his party and was only giving it to select people.

Jada just lost out on a great t-shirt, but he wasn't complaining as that meant more for him to keep and wear around the house.

"He cries because he's a baby," she rolled her eyes, looking around the backyard and seeing so many people.

Just from the cursory glance she took around the room, she saw her parents, her sister and her husband, and a few of her cousins had shown up. Everybody else was Nico's family and friends and Carter's family and friends.

"He's not a baby, man. He grown. Y'all keep treating him like a baby is why he cries all the time. Especially his mama..." he said, looking around the backyard for where he his boy had disappeared to.

Someone was stealing him every five seconds, and he had seen him maybe for a total of 10 minutes an hour ago.

He didn't doubt Nico was somewhere loving on him, as he'd cried a few times having so many people around him.

"Thanks for coming," Carter said when he couldn't see him anywhere, taking the gift from Jada's hands.

"It looks amazing," she couldn't lie, as he had gone all out with the party planner putting it together.

She knew Nico wanted a safari themed party, but this was cool too.

And his father's house was by the water, so they had a nice view to accompany them at the party with a breeze coming in, offsetting the hot late August weather.