You weren't "asking" in the first place

Jayla's 15

Chapter 1

Saturday, 5:34 pm

In the bunker

Jayla's POV

Jayla: But you said-

Sam: I said that if you got your chores done, you could go. You haven't done your chores yet, so as of right now, you're not going anywhere.

Jayla: That's not fair! All my friends are going!

Sam: I'm not your friends' legal guardian. I'm yours. And I'm telling you that as long as your chores remain undone, you're staying home.

I let out a frustrated sigh and glare up at him. He's so fucking ridiculous sometimes. He always lets me go out with my friends, but today, he's being a total dick and he won't let me go. I don't understand what's so different from all the other times I've asked to go out. Is it the way I asked? Was it a tone that I used? Do I give a fuck? No. I don't. I just wanna go out with my friends, LIKE I ALWAYS DO!

Sam: Don't give me that look.

Jayla: You don't understand. I really wanna go.

Sam: I'm not saying that you can't go, Jay. I'm saying that you can't go until your chores get done. So get started on your chores, and you should be done by the time the movie starts. You should be done way before then. All together, your chores should take you less than an hour. You don't have much to do.

Jayla: Yeah, but that doesn't mean that I wanna do them. Why can't I just do them tomorrow?

Sam: Because I'm asking you to do them, now. And I'm really trying to be patient with you, but you're not making that very easy for me.

Jayla: And you're not making it very easy for me.

Dean: Jayla Lynn Winchester.

I turn around and see Dean, not looking very happy. He's lectured me on my "attitude" before. Like, a lot. I honestly couldn't give less of a shit about those lectures, though. I'd rather listen to a signal light blinker than Dean's lectures. And do you know how annoying signal light blinkers are? There's not a sound that I hate more than that one.

Jayla: What?

Dean: Don't "What" me. What the hell do you think you're doing?

Jayla: What's it look like? I'm trying to go out with my friends.

Dean: No. You're begging for an answer you like, rather than just taking the one that you were given. Sam didn't say no. He said that it's a no, until you finish your chores. Now, if you had come to me with this attitude and begged me for a better answer, you wouldn't be going anywhere, whether you finished your chores or not.

That's why I didn't come to you. Duh.

Jayla: That's why I didn't come to you.

Sam: Jayla-

Dean: Go to your room.

What? Is he seriously sending me to my room, like a fucking child? Really?