She'll always talk for food

Chapter 27

The same day, 11:26 am

At the hospital

Sam's POV

The last thing I ever wanted was to be sitting in the hospital, because some little fucker broke my baby sister's arm. According to Jayla, the little bastard grabbed her arm and snapped it. He bent it backwards and now, I'm trying to keep her calm while the doctor wraps it. She hasn't stopped crying since I got her in the truck. She's in pain, and there's nothing that I can do to make it stop. She's holding one of my hands, as tight as she can. Probably to try and give herself some comfort.

Sam: You're doing great, Sweetheart.

She doesn't say anything. She's still just silently crying and holding my hand. I hate this for her. She didn't deserve this.

Sam: You're ok, Baby. You're ok. I'm right here.

I don't know exactly what happened or how the altercation between her and Kyle started, but I don't believe that Jayla did anything to deserve a broken limb. He broke her arm, and then left campus. And nobody even tried to do anything to stop him. Not even his fucking Mother. I'm not sure if she knows about this yet. But Jayla said that there were other kids in the hall, where it happened. So somebody definitely went and told his Mom. She's probably the one who told him to leave the school. She knew that he just got himself in some deep shit.

Doctor: What did you say happened?

Sam: A kid from school. He's been picking on her for a while and-

Doctor: He? A young man did this?

Sam: Well, with the way that he acts and the shit that he does, I wouldn't consider him a man. But yes.

Doctor: I can't imagine a boy being raised with this little parenting. He couldn't have at least chosen someone his own size to pick on? He needed to pick on a young woman?

Sam: That's what I'm saying. He felt the need to pick on somebody half his size. He knew she wouldn't be able to defend herself, if he got physical with her.

Doctor: I'd be ashamed to know that my son was acting like this. Treating people this way.

Sam: Do you have kids?

Doctor: I have a son, but I haven't seen him in years. His mother won't let me. She says that he doesn't wanna see me. I don't believe that for a second. She doesn't want him to see me. But my son's an adult now, so whether or not he sees me is up to him. I just hope he's doing ok.

Sam: That sucks. I'm sorry.

I'm not sure what else to say. What do you say when a doctor starts spilling all of his personal business? "I'm sorry about that, but can you please finish wraping my child's arm?" I feel bad about his son, but I'm more worried about my own kid, right now. My own kid who's gone completely silent and looks exhausted. Probably from all the crying.