You'd do nothing

Chapter 14

Monday, 8:01 am

At school

Jayla's POV

Sam: That's the bell. Go before you're late.

Jayla: I really don't want to. I say while getting my bag from the backseat.

Sam: You're gonna be fine, Sweetheart. If anything happens, call us. Ok?

Jayla: Ok.

I literally begged him and Dean to keep me home. But of course, they made me come anyway. They made me come, knowing that I'm gonna get bullied.

Sam: Have a good day. Bye, Jay.

Jayla: Bye, Bubby.

I get out of the truck and start heading to the door. I hate this already, and I'm not even inside yet. But I know Kyle is. He might be a bully, but he's got perfect attendance. Probably because he enjoys bullying me. He shows up on time, because he always looks forward to bullying me. Meanwhile, I'm here dying on the inside because I know that this'll never stop. I walk through the door and try to keep my head down. If I'm looking at the ground, I won't see Kyle, and I won't be able to make eye contact with him. If I can't make eye contact with him, he won't bother me. At least, that's my theory. That's my hope. I hope that if I don't look at him, he won't bother me. Even though I know that it's not likely.

Claire: Hey. She says as she gets to me.

Jayla: Hey.

Claire: You ok? You look a little upset.

Jayla: I am. You'd be too if Kyle never left you alone.

Claire: My offer still stands. I'll beat his ass if you just give me the word.

Jayla: Thanks, but I already got in trouble for hitting him. For beating him up, you'd probably get expelled. I don't want you getting in trouble for me. It wouldn't be right.

Claire: Him constantly bullying you isn't right. He's a grown ass man, picking on a teenager. You don't think that's wrong?

Jayla: Of course I think it's wrong. But I don't think it's right for you to get yourself in trouble because of him. You'd get suspended or expelled, and Jody would definitely be pissed. She can only handle so much, you know.

Claire: But she'd understand why I did it. She'd know that I didn't do it just to do it. She'd know that I did it because I don't tolerate bullies. She doesn't tolerate bullies, either, so she'd get it.

She really wants to beat his ass. And a part of me wants to let her. Maybe a good ass beating wouldn't be that bad. It might finally teach Kyle a lesson. Then maybe he'd finally leave me and whoever else he's bullying alone. But sadly, that'll only ever happen in my dreams. Dreams that I don't have, because I barely sleep. Thanks to Kyle.