It's the magic of pie

Chapter 11

Friday, 8:15 pm

In the bunker

Jayla's POV

Jayla: Please?

Dean: No.

Jayla: Why not? I've been good-

Sam: Um, no, you haven't. You have not, in the slightest, been good this week.

Lies. I've been awesome this week. I COULD'VE been bad. But I CHOSE not to be. Sure, I've done some minor things this week that pissed the guys off. But I wouldn't say that I was bad. I wouldn't say that I was bad enough to have to miss out on skating with my friends.

Dean: Acting the way you've been, did you honestly think we'd let you go?

Jayla: You never told me that whether or not I could go depended on my behavior.

Sam: That should be common knowledge, Kid. If you misbehave, you don't get go places and have fun with your friends.

Jayla: You just hate the idea of me having any kind of fun, don't you?

Sam: No. Of course not. You're a teenager. We want you to go places and have fun.

Dean: But we also want you to behave and listen to us when we tell you to do things.

Sam: Things like your chores, which you haven't even thought about.

How are you gonna be mad about something that you never told me to do?

Jayla: You never told me to do my chores.

Dean: We shouldn't have to tell you to do your chores, Jay. You're 15 years old. You should know to do them, without being told.

Jayla: So, I can't go because my chores aren't done?

Dean: You can't go because you don't listen. After acting the way you've been, letting you go out would only teach you that it's ok to act the way you do. Your behavior wouldn't get any better. If anything, it would only get worse, because you'd continue to think it's ok to misbehave.

Jayla: But I already-

Dean: Said you'd be there? Then you better text Claire and whoever else is going, and tell them that you're not gonna make it.

Really? Because I didn't do the fucking dishes or take out the stupid trash? I can't go out with my friends because I didn't do something that one of you two could've done? If it was that big of a deal, one of you two could've done it, yourselves. Why do I have to be the one to do it?

Jayla: What if-

Dean: It's not a negotiation, Kid. You're not going. End of discussion.

Jayla: I can't go, just this one time?

Dean: No. But you can find something to do, here.

Jayla: There's nothing to do, here.

Dean: Well then you can start working on your behavior. That way, you won't have to worry about us saying no, when you ask to go places.