What's different about today?

Chapter 4

Monday, 7:00 am

In the bunker

Dean's POV

I'm walking to Jayla's room, about to wake her up for school. I know she's gonna fight me on it, like she does every morning. I'm not in the mood to fight with her, but she has to get up for school. When I get to her room, I find her fast asleep, with her alarm going off.

Dean: Jay. I call to her as I'm walking to her bed.

She doesn't say anything or move, so I gently shake her, gaining a frustrated groan.

Dean: Come on, Kid. Get up.

Jayla: No.

I yank the comforter off of her, gaining another frustrated groan, and an angry glare.

Dean: Get up and get ready for school.

Jayla: I don't wanna go.

Dean: I'm not having this argument, today. You're going. So get up.

Jayla: No.

Dean: Jayla Lynn. I warn, but she still doesn't move.

I go to her closet, where she keeps her school uniforms, and get a shirt and a pair of pants. Then I put them at the foot of her bed.

Dean: Last chance before I dress you, myself.

Jayla: Why can't you just give me 5 more minutes?

Dean: Because the last time I gave you 5 more minutes, you were late for school.

Jayla: So? It was one time. I can be late again. It won't hurt anybody.

Dean: I'm not letting you show up late to school.

Jayla: Why not?

Now I think she's stalling. She's trying to get me to talk to her, so that she can make herself late for school.

Dean: Get up, Jayla.

Jayla: No.

Dean: Alright.

I make her sit up and grab her uniform shirt.

Dean: Arms up.

Jayla: I'll do it myself. Get out.

Dean: Really? You didn't even wanna get out of bed, a minute ago.

Jayla: I still don't, but you're not dressing me. Get out so I can do it myself, so you can take me to stupid school, where I have to deal stupid teachers and stupid students and just stupid everything.

Now she's pissed off. This is an every day thing. I or Sam wakes her up for school, she gets pissed because she has to go whether or not she wants to, she goes anyway, and she has a pretty decent day.

Dean: I'll be in the kitchen if you need me.

She doesn't say anything. She just rolls her eyes and I leave the room. Now that I've successfully woken up and pissed off my little sister, I'm going to the kitchen to make coffee. When I get to the kitchen, I find Sam, already making coffee.