Sounds fair to me

Chapter 6

The same day, 2:30 pm

In the bunker

Sam's POV

Sam: No, I just think that that clown's creepy as shit.

Dean: Uh, his name is Art, and he's awesome.

Sam: Right. Well you and Jay can keep "Terrifier" to yourselves. I'd rather not-

I'm cut off by my phone ringing. I look over and see that it's Jayla's school.

Sam: Hang on.

I answer the phone, waiting to be told that Jayla's hurt or something. That's always my biggest fear, when the school calls. But she probably just got herself in trouble again. She was probably fighting with a teacher again, and got herself detention. Again.

Sam: Hello?

Mrs. Davis: Hi, Mr. Winchester. I'm so sorry to bother you, but I need you to come down to the school and have a talk with Jayla.

Sam: What happened?

Mrs. Davis: She and another student had a physical altercation, and-

Sam: She was in a fight?

That's the sentence that caught Dean's attention. I put the phone on speaker, so that he can hear both sides of the conversation.

Mrs. Davis: Yes, and I'm not sure how it started. I tried asking her for her side of the story, but she wouldn't be honest with me. She-

Dean: Hang on, now. Jayla doesn't hit people. And you expect us to believe that she was in a fight?

Mrs. Davis: I saw her hit the other student. I didn't see the whole altercation, but I saw enough to know that she started it.

Sam: Where's Jayla, now? Can we talk to her?

Mrs. Davis: She left my room, a few minutes ago. She stormed out, after I told her that I didn't believe what she was telling me. She said she'd be in class when you got here. I need you to come down here and talk to her about what happened.

Sam: Yeah. Um, I'm on my way.

I hang up the phone and get my keys.

Sam: You coming?

Dean: Yeah, I'm coming.

We go outside and to my truck, then we both get in and I start driving to Jayla's school.

Dean: You think this has something to do with how she was acting, this morning?

Sam: Probably. She was obviously upset about something going on at school, and now she's fighting? That's not just some coincidence.

Dean: No. Jayla doesn't hit people.

Sam: I mean, she hit you, that one time when you stole her moon pie.

Dean: I still can't believe she hit me over a snack cake.

Sam: You can't? Her exact words before you took it were "I'm not kidding. I'm gonna fucking hit you".