Sammy's room

Chapter 45

Sunday, 9:33 pm

In the bunker

Sam's POV

Jayla: And sometimes I think shower heads are creepy.

Sam: Shower heads?

Jayla: Yeah. They look weird, and I don't like it.

She's been in my room for 3 hours, just talking to me about random things. I don't mind. I'm just glad that she's talking again. She spent most of yesterday and today in silence. She barely said anything, and she spent most of that time with either me or Dean. I'm glad she's talking again. I was starting to worry that she might not talk like herself for a while. She might be a little annoying sometimes, but that's really only when she's not listening and she's starting arguments. I actually really enjoy talking to her. She's my baby sister. I'd listen to her talk forever, as long as I knew she was happy.

Sam: But you spend about an hour in the shower, every night.

Jayla: I'm showering, not looking at the shower head. I don't like looking at the shower head.

Sam: Are you scared of it? You know it can't hurt you, right?

Jayla: Yeah, but I don't like it. It makes me uncomfortable and I don't like looking at it.

Sam: That's not something you hear every day. Especially not about a shower head. Is it just that one, or all shower heads?

Jayla: All of them. But mainly that one. Hey, when can I take my cast off?

She's been getting really frustrated with that thing, and honestly, I get it. I've had a broken arm before, and I know that that cast is getting on her last nerve.

Sam: You only have a few weeks left, then you'll get it taken off.

It's only a matter of time before she tries to take it off, herself.

Jayla: I don't like it. It's itchy.

Sam: I know, Sweetheart. But just a few more weeks, and you won't have to deal with it anymore.

Jayla: I miss wrestling.

Sam: As soon as that cast comes off, you can wrestle as much as you want.

Which surprisingly, is a lot. This kid could wrestle forever if we let her.

Sam: I think you should start getting ready for bed.

Jayla: I don't think so.

You were doing so good. Please don't argue with me, now.

Sam: You have school in the morning.

Jayla: But I'm not tired. I can't sleep if I'm not tired.