You're burning up, Kiddo

Chapter 22

Saturday, 4:26 am

In the bunker

Jayla's POV

I'm in my room, trying to sleep. I can't. I can't sleep when I feel the way I do. I feel like shit. I think somebody at school might've gotten me sick. Just another reason to hate that place. Somebody's always sick, which means that there's a high chance of me getting sick. And I don't wanna be sick. I hate being sick. Probably more than I hate anything. My throat hurts, my stomach hurts, my nose won't stop leaking, and all together, I just don't feel good. I'm not gonna be able to fall asleep like this. But what am I supposed to do? The guys are probably both asleep. Well, Dean's probably still up. I heard Sam go to his room, so he probably went to bed. But I didn't hear Dean go to his room, so he's probably still up. Either that or he fell asleep in the living room. I'm about to find out, because I'm gonna go look for him. If I can't sleep, then I'm not just gonna lay here, being upset that I can't sleep. I get out of my bed and get my favorite blanket, then I leave the room and start heading to Dean's room. When I get there, I see that Dean's not here. But his headphones are plugged in to his phone, which is sitting on his nightstand. He was definitely in here, not too long ago. He probably went to the bathroom.

Dean: What are you doing up? He asks while walking over to me.

Jayla: Bubba.

Dean: Hi. Why are you up?

Jayla: I was looking for you.

Dean: It's 4 in the morning, Sweetheart. Are you alright?

Do I look alright? Would I be up at 4 in the morning if I was alright? No, I'm not alright. I'm sick and I need you to make me feel better. But it's really early and you're probably not in the mood to deal with my problems right now. Maybe I'm just being dramatic. Maybe I'll be fine if I just go back to bed.

Jayla: Um, yeah. I'm fine. I'm gonna go back to bed now.

I try to walk away, but he grabs my arm, just hard enough to get my attention.

Dean: You were looking for me, and now you're just gonna go back to bed? You haven't even told me why you were looking for me. Did you need something?

Jayla: No. I'm ok. I just wanna go back to bed.

Dean: Really? Because I think you sound stuffy and you look like you don't feel good. Is that why you needed me? You don't feel good?

Jayla: No-

Dean: Don't lie to me. You very obviously don't feel good. I wanna help you, but I need you to be honest with me. Ok?