Calm Before The Storm

Dave announced that we'd be picking up one more campers at the pad. Roxie agreed, and we headed to the helicopter. Sitting next to Ben, we awaited the arrival. When the helicopter landed, Kenji emerged, announcing the start of the party. His playful toss of his bag to Roxie resulted in a comical mishap. As we drove, Ben confessed his discomfort with twisty roads, eventually succumbing to motion sickness. A pink-haired girl introduced herself as Brooklyn, followed by the rest of the group: Sammy, Darius, and Kenji. Each shared their reason for being there, with Ben and I admitting our aversion to cameras.

During the journey, a creature darted across our path, prompting Roxie and Dave to investigate. A Compy startled us, causing chaos in the truck. After Roxie safely captured the tiny dinosaur, we resumed our journey to camp, where we marveled at the massive treehouse. Dave assigned bunks, and I hurried ahead to secure mine. Reflecting on potential roommates, I decided on Ben for his quiet demeanor.

Later, Ben timidly asked to share my room, which I welcomed. As Dave led us on a tour, Ben showed his fear of heights on a zipline. That night, while watching TV, Ben's reaction to a about a murder show I watched called American most wanted a show that talked about how he killed his wife and kids. Comforting Ben as he grieved for a friend, we decided to turn off the TV for the night.

In the midst of a troubling dream, Ben woke me, concerned for my well-being. As we comforted each other, Ben revealed his loss and worries about our fellow campers' risky behavior. Despite his troubled night, I found solace in dreams of Ben's support. The next day, we visited the genetics lab, where Ben's quick reflexes saved a hatching dinosaur, cementing our bond.