Mama Kirari (Part Four)

Kirari watched Sayaka fondly as she toddled to the fridge.

The Angel used her magic once more to pass through the doors of the refrigerator and remained inside there.

Curious, Kirari opened the door and found her sitting inside, munching on yet another chocolate bar.

"Now, now, put that chocolate down. You'll get sick," Kirari said.

Sayaka's head shot up at the sound of Kirari's voice. Her grip on the candied bar tightened as she looked at Kirari sheepishly.

"Don't be stubborn, Sayaka."

Sayaka pouted and stared at her wife with puppy-dog eyes, letting out an adorable whine.

Kirari felt her heart melt at the sight and a warm feeling spread throughout her body. Her mind suddenly flashed with images of her own children making the same expression as they flew around with angel wings and demon horns on their heads.

Meanwhile, Sayaka took the opportunity to munch down the rest of the chocolate bar before flying back to her chambers.

Kirari sighed and closed the fridge before heading back.

*****

A loud "achoo!" resounded through the air.

Baby Sayaka sat on the bed with a red nose and pale cheeks as she drank a cup of water.

Kirari came back from the washroom, placing a new fever patch on the toddler's forehead. She kissed Sayaka's temple before sitting down beside her.

"I told you that you'll get sick," she said.

Sayaka sniffled before she started to cry.

Kirari hurriedly embraced her. "Calm down, I'm not mad at you. I could never be mad at you. Shh, it's alright."

Even as an adult Sayaka would cry when she thought Kirari was mad at her.

Kirari pressed kisses to the top of her head and stroked her hair reassuringly.

Sayaka babbled a string of incomprehensible baby words, which Kirari saw in her mind as apologies.

"It's alright. You don't have to apologise. Though if it makes you feel better, you're forgiven."

Sayaka looked up at her with wide eyes before smiling widely and letting out a giggle.

Kirari smiled at her. Finding a cure could take years, but she didn't mind. Taking care of Baby Sayaka was just so fulfilling.