Mistake

Kirari's newest henchmen make a terrible mistake
Or
An AU in which Kirari is a mafia boss and Sayaka is a CEO of a company

*****

Sayaka was walking home after a strenuous day. Someone was siphoning cash off the company and it was giving her a headache.

Groaning, she decided to take the shortcut back, heading towards a desolated alleyway.

As Sayaka walked, she shuddered slightly. She was afraid of the dark sometimes, and usually needed someone to be there with her. Namely, her wife.

Unfortunately, her wife was busy with her own job and was at home.

"What should I do...I'm too afraid to proceed..." Sayaka mumbled.

"Why not we help you with that?" a voice suggested behind her.

Sayaka whipped around, the dim light form the street lamp at both ends of the alleyway allowed her to briefly see the person's features.

The man looked normal. Muscular, tall and......

Sayaka's eyes widened.

Mafia gang mark.

'Did Kirari send them to pick me up?' Sayaka wondered. 'That can't be, she's never done that before--'

Sayaka's thoughts were interrupted when she felt a blow to the back of her head. She whimpered in pain and collapsed to the ground, catching a glimpse of a bloody bat in one of the men's hands.

*****

Kirari was in a bad mood. Not only did she just come back from a business trip, but she hasn't seen Sayaka for the whole day and she was growing impatient.

"Ishikoa," Kirari stated boredly. One of her most trusted henchmen, Ishikoa Souta, straightened. 

"Y-Yes Madame!" he exclaimed nervously. Despite serving under the mafia boss for more than 12 years, he was still afraid of her.

"Have your men seen Sayaka coming home yet?" Kirari grumbled. "I'm starting to grow......irritated."

Souta gulped anxiously as he clenched his hand behind his back. "No, Madame. I'm sorry."

Kirari glared at nothing in particular in annoyance. "And why 𝓷𝓸𝓽?!"

"W-Well--"

The door burst open.

Kirari's newly-recruited henchmen strode into the room, with a seemingly proud look on their faces. 

"Madame! We have good news for you!" one of them declared. "We found the CEO of a prestigious company! She's extremely affluent and will be of use to you!" 

"Oh? Bring her to me then," Kirari ordered.

Souta gasped in a horrified manner as the henchmen stepped forward, dropping the unconscious body on the floor.

The other henchmen who have been serving Kirari for years also turned ashen white.

Sayaka lay on the floor with a bleeding head, right in front of Kirari.

Kirari's eyes flared in murderous rage.

"We almost chained her up, but we took pity, since she's quite weak and all......" the same henchmen added.

"Oh God," Souta whispered. 

"There's going to be a bloodbath today," his comrade said quietly beside him. "I can feel it."

Souta watched the proud smiles on the new henchmen's faces drop instantly as Kirari knelt down and wrapped Sayaka in her arms, stroking her hair.

"Sayaka."

The new henchmen looked at each other in shock.

Sayaka?!

Sayaka Momobami?!

Kirari's wife?!

Souta watched in sheer amusement as his comrade brought his hands together and started to pray for mercy.

Kirari snapped her fingers and a handful of servants hurried over and tended to Sayaka's wounds.

The CEO's eyelids fluttered open shortly after her wounds were done getting dressed.

"Ki...rari?"

Kirari gave Souta a glance, prompting him to get the new henchmen to kneel and wait while she brought Sayaka to their room to rest.

*****

"Are you feeling better?" Kirari asked softly as she pressed a tender kiss to the side of her wife's head.

Sayaka nodded, wincing slightly as she did.

"I'm going to kill them," Kirari growled. "How dare they. Do they not know the difference between a pompous rich person and the wife of a mafia boss?"

Sayaka took her wife's hand in hers, smiling. "It's alright. After all, I don't really look like I'm married to the greatest mafia boss in the world, do I?"

"......I suppose not."

"Mhm, you should let them off. It's their first time. Souta mistook me for a undercover cop when he first saw me, didn't he? He nearly hit me too if you hadn't stopped him."

"Very well," Kirari sighed as she kissed the back of Sayaka's hand. "Just this time. I'll let you go back to sleep. You need to recover."

"Alright."

*****

Everyone waited with bated breath as Kirari sat back down on her chair.

She glared intimidatingly at the new henchmen before saying, "Thanks to my wife, I've decided not to punish you. She brought up a good point. You all are still new, and she doesn't dress up like the wife of a mafia boss. I'll let you off this time. All of you."

The new henchmen looked up in shock and immediately shouted in unison, "Thank you for your mercy, Madame! As well as the Lady's merciful heart!"

*****

"This......" Sayaka said, taken aback. "This is all for me?"

"Hm," Kirari hummed as she sat beside her wife on their bed and lay her head on her shoulder. "The new henchmen felt bad and gave you gifts."

"So many soft toys," Sayaka squealed quietly, trying to contain her excitement. "What did you tell them?"

"That I decided to spare them," Kirari replied. "Nothing more, nothing less."

"Oh," Sayaka said before she read one of the handwritten cards. "Thank you so much for your merciful and beautiful soul? You're an absolute angel that saved us from certain death."

She looked at her wife.

Kirari feigned an innocent look.

Sayaka chuckled and gave Kirari a kiss on the cheek.

"You're so silly, Kirari."