Experiment (Part Two)

"So are we ready to head out?" Kirari asked as she admired the snow outside. She then turned to settle her gaze on her wife, who looked absolutely adorable in her outfit.

Sayaka seemed slightly apprehensive and leaned her head on Kirari's shoulder for comfort.

Ririka also clutched Mary's arm with a death grip.

"Alright you two, stay close to each other and don't get lost," Kirari instructed as if she was speaking to children. "Text or call us if you're in trouble alright?"

She received two meek nods. "Perfect."

Kirari kissed her lover's cheek and slowly pulled away from her. "I'll see you later darling," she said with a wink before grabbing Mary and heading out of the house.

Ririka and Sayaka stared at each other.

"So...what do we do?" Ririka asked.

*****

"A food festival? Seriously?" Kirari said, crinkling her nose. "I would've gone here if Sayaka suggested it, but......"

"It's full of nice food," Mary said, glaring at Kirari. "I want to try the stall selling beef cubes and enoki mushrooms so let's hurry up."

~~~~~

Upon arrival, Mary ordered two bowls of beef cubes and enoki mushrooms, handing one to Kirari, coupled with a pair of chopsticks.

"Ma'am, 16.80 yen please," the stall owner said kindly. "Each."

Kirari couldn't help but chuckle as Mary froze.

"What?" she said in utter disbelief.

"Don't mind my uncultured friend, here's 100 yen, keep the change," Kirari chuckled as she handed the woman a hundred yen in cash.

Surprisingly, the woman didn't seem surprised at all and merely bowed her head. "Thank you, Madame Momobami."

As Kirari and Mary made their way over to a bench nearby, Kirari couldn't resist sighing at the fact that Sayaka wasn't here.

"Hey, what was that? She knows you? And why was it so expensive?!" Mary demanded.

"Calm down," Kirari replied coolly. "This place is owned by the Momobamis, only exclusively open to the most prestigious, high-ranking people of Japan. Of course it is expensive, we'll for you at least."

Mary growled at Kirari before consuming the enoki mushrooms with the beef cubes. Her eyes widened at the tantalising delicacy. The beef cubes were tender and the enoki mushrooms were soft yet chewy, with a slight beef taste.

"I assume you like it?" Kirari asked knowingly with a smirk on her face.

"Humph! You finally did something right in your life," Mary huffed before she wondered. "I wonder how Ririka and Sayaka are doing?"

"Hm, I'm not sure either."

*****

"Do they know we're staying home?" Ririka asked nervously.

"It's fine, Kirari will never get mad at me," Sayaka assured her. "You wanna go and cook some lunch? It's almost 12. How about omurice?"

Ririka's eyes widened in disbelief. "You can cook?!"

Sayaka blushed at this. "Kirari taught me......"

"Ah, sure! I'll go make some teriyaki chicken at the same time!"

"Deal."

~~~~~

Ririka lay on the couch eating snacks when she heard a piercing scream from Sayaka.

"RIRIKA!"

Ririka bolted to the kitchen, only to see her chicken on fire.

"M-M-MY CHICKEN!!!" Ririka wailed in distress. "NOO!!!"

"THAT'S NOT THE POINT! WHY DIDN'T YOU WATCH IT?!"

"CHICKEN HATCH FROM EGGS RIGHT?"

"WHAT DOES THAT GOT TO DO WITH ANYTHING?"

"THEY ONLY NEED TO BE WATCHED WHEN THEY HATCH! BUT SINCE THERE AREN'T ANY EGGS, I DIDN'T WATCH THE CHICKEN!"

Sayaka stared at her in disbelief. "WHAT???!!!"

"I-I DON'T KNOW!"

"WHATEVER! CAN YOU PUT IT OUT?!"

"WHY CAN'T YOU?!"

"I HAVE A FEAR OF FIRE!"

"WHA--BU--SO DO I!"

The girls screamed as the fire got bigger. Ririka crashed into Sayaka and they fell onto the ground, clinging on to each other for dear life.

"F-FIRE!" they both screamed before Sayaka fainted first.

"S-SAYAKA!" Ririka exclaimed. "W-WHAT DO I DO KNOW? IF ONLY THIS WAS A DREAM--"

Her eyes lit up and she took a pan from beneath the sink and knocked herself out.

At least she would be safe in her dreams......