𝙭𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙥𝙚 › surprised

You couldn't believe your parents, making you move to another school again. This time, they said it was different and that you'd actually fit in somewhere.

But from the looks of it, you could see yourself being an outcast already.

They had dropped you and your bags off, at nevermore. Where you were now, stood in the principals office.
"Enid here, will give you a guide around the school. And then show you to your new dorm."

You didn't say anything, as you nodded. And unexpectedly, Enid grabbed a hold of your arm and walked you out the room.

"Your going to love it here!" She smiled.

𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘 𝗦𝗞𝗜𝗣 -

"So here's your dorm. Your going to love your new roomie! See you later!" Enid smiled, and randomly pulled you into a hug before leaving.

"Bye." You smiled and opened the door.

When you walked in, your smile soon dropped as well as the bags in your hand.
"You have got to be kidding me.." you whispered.

Xavier soon turned around, and froze for a second when he saw you.
"Y/n?"

"What are you doing here." You said, closing the door behind you.

"Uh..I'm a student here thanks, but what are you doing here?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"My parents made me move here." You explained and walked over to your side of the room.

"Of course they did.. how are they anyways?" Xavier added.

"Fine. Why do you even care?" You said, as you unzipped your bags and took your clothes out.

"Because i haven't seen them in ages... or you." He whispered the last part, before sitting back down in his chair.

Xavier knew your family, because his parents used to be friends with yours. And that resulted in him, coming round your house quite often. Which you hated.

"Well it's been great, not seeing you." You replied, while putting clothes into your draws.

"The feeling is very mutual." He said, not looking up at you.

You wondered what he was doing, so you walked over. You looked over his shoulder and saw him painting something.
"'Never knew you could paint.." you whispered, which made him glance at you.

"Yeah.. learned how to a couple years ago." He said.

You nodded before walking away, but before you could Xavier grabbed your hand.
"Wait." He said.

His touch on you, made you feel weird so you pulled your hand away.
"What." You muttered.

"Do you still like to read books?" He asked.

"Yeah.." you raised an eyebrow, wondering what he was going to do.

But suddenly, he grabbed a book from his desk and slammed it against your chest.
"Have it." He said, before going back to his painting once more.

"Wha- ok thanks." you replied.

This wasn't like the Xavier you knew before.. he seemed more caring now. Not as self-centred as he once was. It was weird to you, since you were so used to his rude comments. But it seemed like he's changed.

-

It was late, the time had gone by quicker than you expected. As you walked through the halls of nevermore, trying to get to your dorm. If a teacher saw you, you'd be in trouble.

When you were about to turn a corner, you bumped into a strong figure. The impact making you fall to the floor. As you looked up at him.

"Y/n? What are you doing up at this time." He asked, putting his hand out for you to take.

"Could ask the same about you." You said, not bothering to take his hand. As you stood up from the floor, moving your hair out of your face.

"Well... come on." He muttered, quickly grabbing your arm.

He started to walk back, but you kept trying to release your arm from him.
"Could you let go?" You muttered.

He didn't say anything, as he continued to walk through the dark halls.

But all of a sudden, he pushed you up against the wall.
"Why do you have to be so difficult?" He asked, his face only inches from your own.

The proximity was making you flustered.
"I can walk by myself." You said, looking away from him.

"No it's not just that. Ever since you've arrived, you've been cold to me." He explained, keeping a firm grip on you.

"Why shouldn't I be? You've always been rude to me." You whispered, just in case there were any teachers nearby.

"Your still holding a grudge? From 6 years ago?" He asked, shaking his head. You heard Xavier chuckle.

"What's so funny?" You raised an eyebrow, still trying to free your arm.

"You... we were kids y/n." He said.

But you kept your straight face, as you glared at him.
"Stop laughing at me." You muttered, as Xavier finally let go of you.

"Or what?" he asked.

You put your hand on his chest, trying to create some space between you too. Xavier soon realised this, and grabbed your hand.

"I'll-" you paused, not really knowing what to say.

He leaned forward, his eyes gazing down to your lips.
"Xavier..." you whispered.

"Shh." He said before his lips landed on yours, making you close your eyes.

He moved his hand to your waist, pulling you into him more. You soon kissed back, and brought your hands to his neck. As your lips moved against each other, you felt your heart race against your chest.

He then pulled away, as you slowly opened your eyes. He cupped your cheek with his hand and smiled.

"I still hate you." You muttered.