𝙭𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙥𝙚 and 𝙖𝙟𝙖𝙭 𝙥𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙥𝙤𝙡𝙪𝙨 › dont make me choose

You loved Xavier, he treated you right and most importantly he put your interests first.

He had asked you out a couple months ago, but ever since then.. you noticed how Ajax had changed towards you. He didn't hang out with you much anymore.

Which was weird because he was one of your closest friends. You thought maybe you had done something wrong, something that may have upsetted him.

But he still acted the same, cold and distant.

Whenever you were in class, you caught him staring at you. It didn't make sense.. he was always around you but never spoke a word.

You stayed up at night, wondering what you had done wrong. Still, you couldn't think of a single thing. 

You missed your relationship with Ajax, he always used to make you laugh. But now he felt like a stranger.

Xavier made you happy, he was always there for you when you needed him. And he also made you laugh, yet not as much as Ajax did.

Nothing felt right. You just wanted an answer, to why he had walked away from you.

-

You were walking through the halls, heading back to your dorm. It was quiet as your footsteps were loud against the pavement.

You were lost in your thoughts, and wasn't paying attention to your surroundings.

All of a sudden, you bumped into a strong figure. The impact made you fall to the floor, as you looked up at the person.

To your surprise, it was Ajax.

He gazed down at you, completely speechless.

When you stood up, he soon started to walk away.

You couldn't take it anymore, you were tired of his bullsh*t.

"Ajax!" You shouted after him, but he kept on walking.

You called out his name again, which finally seemed to make him stop. He looked down at his shoes, before turning around.

You walked up to him, as he finally met your gaze.
"Y/n." He whispered, putting his hands in his pockets.

Your eyes glazed over, as you shook your head.
"Have I done something to you?"

"What?" He asked.

"You've been avoiding me, what did I do?" You questioned. Maybe after all this time, you would finally get an answer out of him.

Ajax averted his gaze from you.
"I-uh.." he paused for a moment. "You haven't done anything."

"Then.. why? You didn't even say anything, you just left." You looked up at him, as he stared deep into your eyes.

Ajax sighed and looked down at his hands. "Y/n.. if I told you, you wouldn't understand."

"Try me." You said, and crossed your arms against your chest.

He looked around, before speaking. "I thought we had something, alright? But clearly to you we were just friends."

You raised an eyebrow, as you processed his words.
"You liked me?"

"We were close, close enough for people to think we were together. Yet, you went ahead and dated Xavier." Ajax shook his head, laughing sarcastically under his breath.

You were lost for words, how could you have been so blind. Ajax had feelings for you all this time.

"Ajax.. I didn't know." You whispered.