𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙙 𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙧 › new

You had never attended nevermore before, your parents thought that it was a school were you'd finally fit in. But you knew that was never the case, no school was right for you.

It was raining as you walked through the street, the coldness from the rain made you shiver. You looked up at the sky and sighed.

You had to take a bus to get to nevermore, so you were currently walking to the bus stop.

When you finally got there, you took a seat. It didn't look like the bus was arriving anytime soon..

After a moment, you saw a girl in the distance. She crossed her arms, as she walked closer towards you. Eventually taking a seat beside you.

"Are you new?" She asked.

You were surprised, you didn't expect her to speak to you.

"Yeah.. why?" You replied.

"Well.. only students of nevermore take this bus. And I've never seen you before." She explained.

You nodded. Still, you kept noticing how she shivered, you didn't know why.. but you felt yourself feeling bad for her.

"Here.." you muttered, deciding to give her your jumper.

"Oh- you really don't have to-" she cut you off but you shook your head.

"I know." You put the jumper in her hands, and watched as she put it on.

"Thank you..?" She looked at you and raised an eyebrow, waiting for you to address your name.

"Y/n." You said, and put your hand out for her to shake.

"Enid." She smiled and shook your hand.

You couldn't help but stare at her, you had never met anyone like her before. She was caring and had a nice personality.

Enid looked down at your intertwined hands and you soon noticed, as you quickly pulled away.

The two of you looked away from each other, as the rainfall started to become more heavy. There was still no bus in sight, and it was already getting dark.

"Where is the bus?" You asked, turning to look at Enid.

"It's usually late." She sighed. "You know.. I think we'll be good friends." Enid continued, flashing a smile at you.

"You think so?" You asked.

"Mhm." She hummed and turned away.. the two of you still waiting for the bus to arrive.

-

You had finally made it to nevermore, after the long wait you took to get there. But it was like every other school you've been too, accept the students were different.

You had been introduced to the principal, who talked about how this school was going to change you and make you better. You didn't believe a word that she said.

Until she started talking about were you'd be staying, which was with Enid.

When you left the room, you were surprised to see Enid standing behind the door.
"Y/n!" She smiled, which made you jump.

"Enid." You said, running a hand through your hair.

"So I heard.. that your my new roomie?" She raised an eyebrow, and you soon nodded.

She squealed in excitement and wrapped her arm around yours, soon dragging you with her. She took you through the halls, as she started to give you a tour.

𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘 𝗦𝗞𝗜𝗣 -

"And here we are." She smiled.

You pulled away from her and opened the door, one side of the room was all full of colour which you assumed was Enid's side.

And the opposite side was bland, just like the rest of the room.

"What do you think?" Enid asked, coming up from beside you.

"It's nice." You sighed and walked over to your bed, before dropping your bags and laying down.

You felt someone staring at you, so you sat up to see Enid soon looking away.

"I don't think I'll be staying here for long, anyways." You changed the subject. Enid turned around, as she looked at you with confusion.

"Why's that?" She raised an eyebrow, walking closer to you.

"Because I always get in trouble." You looked up at her, as she stood between your legs.

"Well I hope you stay." She smirked and moved her hand to yours, intertwining her fingers with your own.

You didn't know what had gotten into the two of you, but everything about her seemed so intoxicating.

You looked down at your hands, signalling to her that she was still holding onto you.

After a few seconds, she soon noticed and went to pull away.

"S-sorry." She stuttered, her face started to get red as she moved away from you.

"It's fine.. do you always get so close to the new students?" You asked, as she glanced at you and chuckled.

"I guess your different."