Pʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ★

Wednesday was waiting in a cafe for their date.

Her wandering eyes kept travelling to the doors, restlessly waiting for the boy to emerge through them. Although her face didn't show any sort of expression, she was growing anxious inside.

For the last few days, Tyler, her boyfriend, has been acting a bit weird. He'd look hollow, his concentration would often divert from their topic of conversation, he'd excuse himself to use the washroom every once in a while.

Wednesday felt unsettled, but whenever she asked anything, the boy would shrug the question off and ignore it completely.

Since they agreed on not pestering other into anything, Wednesday let it go.

But as days went by, and the boy started to appear with more and more bruises across his body, Wednesday knew not to let the matter slide anymore. She had to confront him. Today.

Finally her patience wore out and the boy in talk walked through the door, the jingling of the bell echoed and Wednesday whipped her head up.

Her stomach fell in a knot at the sight of him.

Tyler had a busted lip, dark, purple bruise forming around his left eye and he was wincing with each step he took.

"Hey." He nervously smiled, scooting to the booth across from her, shuffling with his hoodie sleeves. "Sorry for being late."

Wednesday stared at him, speechless, her heart felt like someone was constantly poking at it with a knife. She clenched her jaw and got out of the booth.

She grabbed Tyler's wrist, earning a flinch, but she pulled him back on his feet and without any word, dragged him out of the cafe.

"What's wrong? Wens, what is it?"

The girl didn't respond and kept dragging him untill they were in secluded park at the end of the road.

She sat him down on a bench and faced him, making intense eyelock.

Tyler shifted uncomfortably, eyes darting sideways as he felt the judging eyes of his girlfriend weighing him down.

"Talk. Now." She demanded, her hands still gripping his tight.

It was rare for the girl to feel anything or care about anyone, but ever since she met Tyler and they bounded in some sort of relationship, she has grown to express and experience feelings that has never drawn to her before.

And as the source of her rebirth, Tyler became someone really special to her, she protected and cared for him like no one before.

She hated seeing him hurt.

"Wh-what? What do you mean?" He stammered over his words.

He tried to pry his hands away from her death grip but pain flared from the wounds and he winced, giving up on getting his hands out.

Wednesday noticed the slight gesture of his face. She grabbed his hand and rolled the sleeve up only to reveal the skin turned dark red. She gasped, very involuntarily.

"Tyler. You need to tell me what the hell is this. Right now. I'm not gonna ask the second time." Her voice was threatning.

Tyler swallowed hard and finally gathered the last bit of his strength to look in her glossy eyes that always managed to flourish his heart in waves of love.

"I-it's m-my dad." He stumbled the words out, once again casting his gaze down. "He-he hates me, Wens. He doesn't want me anymore. He thinks I'm gonna kill everyone, I'm the monster that doesn't deserve to live." While speaking, Tyler broke out crying, his shoulders shaking from the wrack of sobs.