Gun

Hi, y'all. I'm at a summer camp thing rn while writing this. Wish me luck. :)

------------------------------

Now, as the proclaimed 'most innocent member of the team', the Avengers thought that Peter did not know how to shoot a gun, let alone hold one. But, they were seriously wrong.

Peter was able to shoot almost any gun with perfect accuracy since he was a regular at the Queens shooting range. (And he was taught by the Punisher personally.)

Not that they know.

.

When Peter was walking to the tower from school, a flyer flew right onto his face. He jumped for a second before pulling the flyer off his face. He started reading the flyer.

"New York annual armory-slash-weapon competition, grand prize two-hundred thousand dollars?!"

The flyer itself was a dark themed paper with bolded yellow letters while the prize was in the bottom left corner. Peter looked around his surroundings and checked the age limit.

"For sixteen years and above."

Peter grinned from ear to ear and scanned the QR code, entering in the information while continuing to walk to the tower.

.

"Thanks, Aunt May!" Peter yelled to the yellow car, waving goodbye. "Larb You!"

"Bye, Pete! Win that trophy!" May yelled back pumping her fist in the air before driving away.

Peter turned around, smiling nervously before taking a deep breath and proceeding towards the tent.

.

Bucky and Natasha were spreaded around the couch, Bucky was upside down with his head touching the ground while Natasha had her legs crossed on top of Bucky's chest, both were bored from the lack of activity and are currently scrolling on their phones.

While scrolling, a post caught Bucky's eye.

"Hey, Nat. Look at this," He said, showing the woman the post he found. It was about a armory weapon competition thing taking place today.

Natasha seemed interested and looked at Bucky, blinking a few times, Bucky blinked back at her and they both jumped out of their seats and rushed to their room, quickly getting dressed.

In a span of a few seconds, the duo came out all dressed in casual clothes and ready to go, putting on sunglasses and a cap.

.

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen to the New York annual armory and weapons competition!" The host yelled, the crowd were cheering loudly.

Peter looked around, between the competitors and him, he was the only one at the age of 16 who participated. Every other competitor looked like they were over 20 years old.

Peter didn't really care though, he cracked his knuckles and his neck and did a small warm up.

Just a second after completing the warm up, one of the workers came in the tent.

"Okay, people. Time to go, please follow me." She said, waving her hand and all of the competitors followed behind her.

.

Natasha and Bucky just got seated, prepared for the competition to start. Soon, the contestants came out, one by one. None of them seemed abnormal until Peter came out from the way back, shocking both Bucky and Natasha.

"Is- Is that Peter?" Bucky stuttered out, eyes wide. Natasha confirmed it.

.

"Okay, the contestants must go through these obstacles, the first one to pass the finish line wins the grand prize of two-hundred thousand dollars!" The host exclaimed while the crowd cheered. "Each contestant must go through four things. Aim, reaction time, moving targets, and finally shoot a ping-pong ball with a rifle from two-hundred yards away."

"And let the competition begin!" He yelled before pressing on the air horn.

Peter and other contestants started dashing for the nearest handgun, then started shooting the metal cut out of a human, shooting it in the head, chest, and other places. Peter was the first to complete it and threw away the handgun, running towards the next one.

Bows, arrows and apples were placed neatly on a table. He picked up the nearest bow and arrow and threw the apple, quickly loading up his bow with the arrow and shooting it, slicing the apple clean in half and hitting the board dead center.

Throwing the bow aside, he made a run for the third one. Which was the hardest one for him.

He loaded up the shotgun with the bullets and took a deep breath before aiming. Taking a few seconds for a robot to get in front of his shot, he pulled the trigger, shooting the robot. He threw the shotgun and dashed to the last challenge.

He stopped right in front of the table and examined the parts before professionally snapping the parts into places and loading up the rifle.

He closed an eye and looked into the scope, finding the ball and shooting it, completely demolishing it. He placed down the rifle and made a final dash to the finish line.

A loud air horn noise was heard once Peter crossed the line, making him trip and rolling on the ground. Quickly followed by the next horn and the third.

It took a few seconds to process it but he did.

He won first place.

He won first place.

Peter jumped in the air and cheered for himself while the crowd cheered for the boy.

.

Stepping onto the stage, Peter's anxiety rose up to the roof.

"What's your name, kid?" The host asked before directing the mic at him.

"Uhm, my name is Peter, sir." Peter said, giving a sheepish smile.

The host placed a hand on Peter's shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze before continuing to ask. "So, how old are you?"

Peter flashed a small smile before replying, "Sixteen, sir. I turn seventeen in a month."

"Wow, that's young. What are you planning on doing with this money anyways?"

"Well, I was going to use this money to help my aunt with bills and food and things like that."

The host smiled at Peter. "What a good kid you are, smile for the camera Peter."

Peter smiled at the camera before walking down the stage.

.

"Pete!" Peter heard his name being called out so he turned his head around, finding Natasha and Bucky running towards him.

"Miss Romanoff? Mister Barnes? What are you guys doing here?" Peter asked, tilting his head.

"We were here to watch the competition, we didn't know you were out here." Natasha said.

"Great job, kid." Bucky complimented, ruffling Peter's hair, much to his dismay.

Peter laughed while trying to pry off Bucky's hand. "Get yo hundred year old hand off my precious hair."

Bucky gasped in mock offence, placing a hand on his chest. "How DARE you."

Natasha crossed her arms while watching the 2 interact, clearly amused.

-------------------

Turns out, I couldn't pull off a 1500, but still over 1000 words so I'm happy.