Talent show

Hi, y'all. The explanation is in the title, no other words are said.

Enjoy!

By the way, I'm gonna change up the lyrics a bit.

-----------------------------

"C'mon man, please?" Ned whined, pouting in dismay.

"No, Ned. I'm not joining the talent show." Peter complained for the 23rd time this hour.

Midtown was composing a talent show for all students on August 10, which was coincidentally his birthday, and the day he was planning on confessing his love to his crush. And being the introverted person he is, he didn't want to face thousands of people.

Ned really wanted Peter to go, he knew the spiderling was a great singer, he's caught him sing before, and it was awesome.

"C'mon man, for me?" Ned stared at Peter with teary eyes, which always succeeds in letting Peter do stuff for him. This was no exception.

Peter looked at Ned for a few seconds before finally giving in, sighing. "Fine."

Ned pumped his fist into the air. "But,"

The boy quickly stopped, looking at Peter. "You gotta be my piano dude."

Peter smirked. Ned frowned.

.

Backstage, there were at least 40 people crowded inside, all waiting for their turn to be called on stage. Some came alone, some in a duo, and others came in bands. 

Frankly, Peter felt underdressed. He straightened his denim jacket, touching up his curls for the last time before giving Ned a look. The boy offered a nervous smile and a thumbs up.

He looked out of the curtain, finding the Avengers. When he saw them, he quickly retracted his head. Taking in a deep breath, he looked at Ned once again.

"You ready, Ned?"

Ned nodded.

.

"Now, for our next show, we have Peter Parker and Ned Leeds, performing a song named 'Golden Hour'. A round of applause everyone." Betty said, clapping while running to the side. The crowd started clapping for the 2 boys.

Peter and Ned nervously walked up to the stage. The spiderling fiddling with the side of his shirt. Ned walked to the grand piano and sat down, playing a note lightly.

They gave each other a look before nodding.

"This song is dedicated to my crush, please don't laugh at me."

.

Ned started playing the keys, pressing the sustain pedal from time to time. The song of the piano echoed through the auditorium as Peter swayed from side to side. 

Peter tapped his feet a few times to the beat while still fiddling with his shirt, he took a deep breath in as the song was closing into the lyrics.

"It was just two lovers."  Peter sang. "Sittin' in the car, listenin' to Blonde. Fallin' for each other."

The people who knew Peter in the auditorium were shocked, no one knew that Peter could sing.

"Pink and orange skies, feelin' super childish." He sang quickly, shutting his eyes. "No Donald Glover. Missed call from my mother. Like "Where you at tonight?" Got no alibi."

"I was all alone with the love of my life." Peter sang, opening his eyes and looking at his crush, face reddening at the sight of him. "He's got glitter for skin, my radiant beam in the night."

"I don't need no light to see you," Peter paused for half a second, taking in a deep breath. "Shine!"

The crowd stared at Peter in astonishment, even his crush. (No, I'm not gonna reveal him until the end of the chapter.)

"It's your golden hour. Oh~" He piped, placing his hand on his chest. "You slow down time. It's your golden hour. Oh~"

"We were just two lovers, feet up on the dash, drivin' nowhere fast, burnin' through the summer."

. (This is said crush's POV btw)

He looked at Peter in amazement, ears turning red. He had liked Peter for a long time, not knowing if he feels the same.

"Radio on blast, make the moment last. He got solar power, minutes feel like hours." The brunet sang, shifting his hands in motion to the song while Ned kept playing the piano, clearly invested in the song. "He knew he was the baddest, can you even imagine fallin' like I did?"

"For the love of my life, he's got glow on his face, a glorious look in his eyes. My angel of light." 

"I was all alone, with the love of my life. He's got glitter for skin, my radiant beam in the night."

.

"I don't need no light to see you SHINE!" Peter yelled, dragging his arms to the side. "It's your golden hour, oh~ You slow down time! In your golden hour, oh~"

Peter's voice faded out while Ned continued playing the last few notes, slowly fading out as well.

Once the song completely ended, everyone clapped to the two boys, snapping Peter back to reality.

Peter smiled awkwardly and waved as he pushed Ned out of the spotlight.

 Once clear from view, they looked each other in the eyes and cheered for themselves while Peter's face was still red.

Calming down, Ned placed his hands on Peter's shoulders, giving him a tight squeeze. "You, my friend, are whipped."

.

After the show, everyone was leaving. Ned left a while ago so Peter sat by the entrance, waiting for the Avengers to exit the building. His thoughts were racing 100 miles per hour. He hummed the song he sang under his breath while looking around.

"PETE!" His thoughts were immediately cut off when he heard his name being yelled out.

He turned his head around and saw the team running out of the building, his eyes lit up and he got up from where he sat, immediately being pushed over by Clint.

"Oof- Ow." Peter groaned before getting up, Clint clinging onto him. Then falling off.

"That was amazing, kid," Tony complimented. "Who's the lucky boy?"

Peter slowly turned his head away, biting both his lips while his ears turn red. "Gimme a min."

Peter took a deep breath before slapping his face twice and looking back at them. "Okay, you guys are here, I'm here. So we're doing this."

Peter slowly made his way over to Pietro, holding his hands with his own. "Pietro Maximoff, will you be my boyfriend on my motherfucking birthday?" 

...

Wanda screamed happily.

Tony was ready to beat up a bitch.

Natasha gave thumbs-ups.

Bruce recorded.

Sam flipped the fuck out.

Thor pumped his fist into the air.

Clint screamed like a madman.

Steve and Bucky slowly walked out of this mess.

Pietro said yes.

And this was the best birthday Peter has ever had.

---------------------------

I legit fell down when I wrote the 'will you be my boyfriend' line. Got weak-kneed. Just crashed onto the ground screaming.

I hope y'all did too :)