𝟎𝟏𝟓 - 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄

Days began to pass, each one filled with the same things

Days began to pass, each one filled with the same things. There were a few key changes to the weeks as they went by, and numerous rumors came bubbling to the surface.

"Did you hear the boss died?"

"Tadashi's gonna run this company right into the ground."

"Shes pregnant! With Kurosaki's baby!"

"Shes Nanami's mistriss! Pregnant by Nanami!"

Frequently you'd get the occasional hello, and people would ask if you were feeling alright. Nothing about this was strange until a woman brought in a dozen donuts just for you. It was not uncommon for people to bring snacks into the office, but it was certainly bizarre someone had sweets delivered just for you.

Together, you and Nanami shared a few over coffees. Just merely discussing your fallout from the last time. You told him everything leaving out the part where you suspected who may be behind all of this.

Somehow talking about it made your stomach twist. The kind where you dreaded the final truth.

"I still don't think you should be on the clock like this." Nanami said, taking a slow sip of his americano coffee. While he did so he gave a final breath relishing in the comfort of the warm drink.

"Its not good for you. Especially after you almost passed out the last time. You should be at home resting, Y/n." He persisted though you gave him a reassuring smile. It was nice to know that he cared about you.

"Well, its sweet of you to be worried Ken. But" You took a deep breath fluttering your eyelashes as you exhaled.

"Right now, I think I like being at work. Isn't that crazy? I just...I can't take time off when Tadashi must come to work every day. Even after his father was nearly killed. I can't-, I won't rest until I know for sure who was behind this." Your eyes focused in on his and with a subtle nod he knew that you had already made your mind up. So that, was that.

"You're so stubborn sometimes. You remind me a lot of..." He shook his head stopping himself from getting the rest of his words out. There was almost a break in it. Like he was revealing some untold secret. It was no secret...that Nanami used to be deeply in love with the woman who left him.

Who seemingly destroyed his life.

Something inside you just had to ask. Now was your chance to get to know the truth.

To put an end to the undead rumors about him.

What made everyone hate him so easily?

You were sure that Nanami was the farthest thing from what everyone called him. Ruthless, selfish and cold. Yet here this man was in front of you nearly on the verge of tears in front of you over something that happened a while ago. Clearly, there was more to him than what everyone was allowed to see.