𝟎𝟑𝟎 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐒

The next morning you awoke to a phone call blaring through the house. Your eyes steadily blinked you awake and as you attempted to turn over to were stopped by a heavy arm around your shoulders. Your body froze in place.

Heavy arm...who was this beside you?

You looked down at your topless body anxiously trying to piece together why you were in the bed with him.

Last night...Nanamin went out on his date. You screwed your eyes shut hoping to remember some of what happened. You remembered he said it was a no show. You remembered he offered to split a bottle.

You swiped at the corner of your sleepy eyes and when you looked down at them you were met with smudged mascara.

Panic pulsed through your body in sheer terror at the fact that you...may have done something you were going to regret.

You tried moving your mouth but the inside felt sore and most definitely bruised.

Alcohol sure can do a lot and well, the rest was history.

Before you could relish in your thoughts you heard his voice lowly in your ears. "You should get that. It may be him." The familiar deep voice spoke smoothly, his voice like silk. He nuzzled against your ear and after a few moments he lifted from the embrace to give you some space.

You tumbled out of bed hurriedly stumbling for the phone and when ypu reached it you eagerly followed suit by mustering up a groggy "T-oji?"You said and a automatic voice replied youre recieving a call from a county jail from...

"Toji Fushiguro."

Your heart skipped a few beats hearing his voice again. You leaped to press the button to accept the call and once you did you felt the inside of your stomach churn. You nearly felt sick.

"Darlin'. Is that you?" He murmured gruffly, but the intent to reach your heart was present. You could tell he were expecting you to speak first. Still reeling from the shock you woke up to this morning, you swallowed the lump in your throat.

Damn, if it were as bad as you were thinking you may have sucked the soul out of Nanami. Or worse, the bottle.

"Where have you been...?" You asked trying to ease the swirling headache oncoming.

"Jail." He says sarcastically, as if the answer should've been clear.

"You know what i mean." You sighed clutching the phone tighter than you should. "I mean...why havent you called?"

You heard him sigh roughly on the other end. And then you heard him clear his throat for what seemed like eternity. You swallowed again nervously awaiting whatever horrors he may have encountered while being locked up. Again.

"I thought you wanted nothing to do with me. Shit, it would've made a lot of sense since the last time we've talked you didn't want to deal with me."

You felt your heart sink at the thought. You remembered how harsh you were last time. For now you stood on your words.

"Why wouldnt you just tell me the truth Toji. And no bullshit. If you would have just asked me to come with you i would've. I don't understand why you didn't ask me."

For some reason those first words felt strange to say. Almost as if you felt guilty for saying them.

There was a momentary silence.
And then there was him.

"Darlin' i wanted to have one good moment with you before i got locked up. If i would've told you, we wouldn't have been so happy. Baby all I wanna do is make you happy." He said the last part quieter than the rest of his words and instantly your chest felt as if itd been caved in.

Because this time, he wasn't lying.
This time...you felt like you were.

He did right in all the wrong ways. Really, it was hard to get over all the bad things he did and even though his punishment caught up with him you felt like you should've been in jail instead.

You held the phone closer to your ears.

"Y/n...I love you. Damn, you know i do huh?"

You felt your cheeks burn. You felt your heart ache.

How did you manage to do this to yourself?

"Yeah..." you whispered back biting your cheek. Man, you didn't realize how much you missed hearing his voice. Hell you we're wearing a pair of his boxers right now.

"Just wait for me till I get out. I'll give you all them babies you want." He chuckles and you could hear his smile through the phone. Fuck, your heart was betraying your mind.

Your mind called him a liar. It held everything he'd ever done to you over his head. How could you forget those nights of begging him just to consider your wishes for a better life?

Then again, how could you blame him?

You knew he had a while until he got out. Maybe you could fix things now.

But you would wait for him.
You knew that part at least.

One minute remaining, the phone warned you. You could hear Toji become annoyed at the robotic sound. He cursed under his breath. As the conversation died down there was an urge to say everything in twenty seconds.

"I miss you so much Toji."

"I miss you more." He hummed to you and the phone cut.

Your eyes watered with tears as you were left with nothing but a dial tone. Furiously wiping your eyes you turned around into a wall of Nanamin. He grabbed you up into his arms holding you tightly.

Nanamin shushed your cries immediately as he attended to your needs. "What happened? What is it honey-" He stopped himself clearing up what he said with your name.

"I miss him so much..." You managed to get it out before you crashed into him again. Worriedly Nanamin assured you that all will be fine.

"Its okay...look at me." Nanamin said to you holding your face to be with his. As you looked into his eyes you felt strangely alone. They werent the color of Toji's. They could never amount to Toji's.

Still he managed to quiet you down soothing your heart's thumping beats.

Then, came the elephant in the room.

"Nanami...did we fuck last night?"