𝟎𝟑𝟑 - 𝐓𝐎𝐉𝐈 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃𝐒 𝐀 𝐋𝐀𝐖𝐘𝐄𝐑

[A/N; CONTINUED.]

]

"And he's hitting on you? Do you need me to step in?"

 Nanamin asked, stopping his typing on his laptop to look over to you with a serious look upon his face. You sat beside him on the couch fumbling with your fingers for a good minute before you managed to turn to him in defeat. "It'd really help a lot if you did Nanamin." You sighed, clearly worked up over your interaction with your ex just a few days before now. 

It seemed that everything began to pile up on you the moment Toji got locked up. Your life had done a complete 180. You had to get a new job, and a new apartment. Everything just felt like it were getting too much. You were glad you had Nanamin to speak to. "I just...I just miss Toji is all." 

"No surprise there. I've been connecting with a bunch of lawyers. None of them want to pick up his case. They say he's a lost cause." Nanamin took off his glasses to rub his face frustration taking over his voice. 

The two of you had worked together in hopes of getting Toji released in a couple months. Now it were looking like he was going to do the full time. Which, Toji had said multiple times that it were no big deal. That he'd be a better man when he did get released.

Initally, it was a struggle getting Nanamin to get on board with the idea. He gave you reasons upon reasons why Toji should remain in jail and that you, should just move on. None of those reasons would cure the hole in your heart. None of them would fufill getting him back entirely. You fought long and hard with him. Eventually, Nanamin caved in. 

"None of them want to help?" You exasperated, looking over at the screen with sudden worry. The best thing to do for Toji was get him a hell of a good lawyer. So far it was looking like there was no one that would settle for any amount of money. This was getting to be more complicated than what you orginally thought. 

"There's a slim chance that they'll negoiate at a reasonable price. Our budget is looking like 690 an hour. Which would mean that it would be a good 9000 for a day. At this rate we'd be in a whole lot of debt. Obviously, Toji's really done himself a good one this time." Nanamin groaned closing the latop with a snap. 

Your heart almost felt as if it were breaking. 

This was going to be a struggle. Especially with the long list of criminal history Toji had. 

Shit, you thought to yourself. 

"What about your friend? The one with the tired looking eyes?" You asked suddenly, remembering that Nanamin had mentioned him once before saying that he had zero ways of getting in touch with him. Still, if you could manage to plead your case maybe, just maybe you'd have a capable lawyer for Toji.

Nanamin pauses for a moment as if he were processing the thought. He pushed his glasses onto his nose with a feint scoff. "Yuta. He's in Africa at the moment." Nanamin said slowly to himself. 

"But someone has to be in touch with him right? Is there anyone you know thats close to him?" You asked quickly hope filling your voice. Nanamin merely shook his head shooting down the idea before you could even fully ask another question. "No. No way." He murmured to himself. 

He seemed deeply disturbed by the idea of having to communicate with a certain someone. The truth was, he did know someone who was close to Yuta. In fact, a distant relative at that. 

"It isnt worth our time." He says finally, adjusting his frames. "Besides itll be a while before he makes it back in time." He adds seeming to be trying to move away from the solution you were trying to create. It'd be hell if he had to converse with that individual after all those years. Not after he finally got his own peace.

"And when he does we will have someone in our corner." You speak quickly following him through the house to the kitchen. Nanamin shook his head grabbing the mug for his coffee before you reached for his hand stopping his movements as he gave in to your pleas nearly instantly when he looked you in your eyes. "Please Nanamin...?"

"Don't give me that look." He grumbles but he didnt have it in his heart to be cold to you unlike how everyone else percieved him. From the very start you were in his corner. It would be a crime for him not to give you this one thing. Give you the help you needed to get your bastard fiance out of a potential harsh sentencing. 

No matter how Nanamin felt about Toji, he couldnt hold that against you. Nanamin still had that soft spot for you that somehow he never realized was there. He looked to you now, a strange pride in his chest when he sighed to you his forehead wrinkling. "Fine. But only because you're..you. I'm not doing this for Toji, and quite frankly I couldnt care less whether he lived or died in his cell. Where he belongs let me remind you." Nanamin pinched his nose.

"I know you hate him Nanami. But, I swear this will be the last thing I pester you about!" You try to make your voice sound cheery but the undertone of the situtation felt too heavy on your shoulders. You released his hand with a squeeze sauntering over to the coffee machine to make him a steaming mug. It was the least you could do for the poor weary eyed man.

"Besides, how bad could this person be? I mean you knew them for a while right?" You asked over your shoulder to him. He was leaning against the wall his eyes screwed close. His shirt unbuttoned and a frown evident on his lips. It grew the longer he thought about this person it seemed.

"Yeah. Years."  He says with a sigh.

"So...how bad could they possibly be?"

"No, not bad. Utterly annoying."