Chapter 3: The Other Side (1)

[Sponsor selection]

- Please select your sponsor

- Your chosen sponsor will be your strong supporter

[There are no sponsors currently interested in you]

I forced my attention onto the window, not allowing myself to slip into a daze, so I read the words carefully.

...I feel like my self-esteem just took a hit when I discovered I was an uninteresting human being. Then again, I was just a random human floundering to survive, so why would they pay attention? And perhaps, this was for the best.

None of the constellations sent any indirect messages through the whole scramble either, so it seems they were content to just sit back and watch for now.

Except for perhaps one.

I looked at Lee Jihye. If all carried on like that novel, her sponsor would be "Maritime War God". Currently, though, she was consulting with Na Bori.

Na Bori was not supposed to survive, but here she was now.

That made me feel slightly less guilty now.

Turning my attention away, there was still one thing I wanted to look at.

"Attribute window." I whispered under my breath, and another panel popped up.

[Attribute Window]

Name: /Please enter your name/

Age: 17(?)

Attribute: None

Sponsor: None

Exclusive Skills: /collecting information/

Overall Stats: physique lv. 3, Strength lv. 4, Agility lv. 4, Magic Power Lv. 0

Description: /Please tell me about yourself/

...

I'm sorry, what was this? I looked at my attribute window for a while, batting my eyes in disbelief. Was an attribute window supposed to look like this? Or was it just me?

Was it even possible to have a lv. 0 stat? And what was with that question mark (?) beside my age?!

"Hey you."

A pair of shoes entered my vision. I looked up from reading my attribute window to see Lee Jihye.

"I'm in the same class as you, but you don't remember my name?" I think I tried to smile, but it was a weak one, and my face surely didn't look too good, but I tried.

"Oh, oh, is crybaby Jihye finally trying to make a new friend?" Na bori poked her head out from behind her, hands on Lee Jihye's shoulders.

It was clear Na Bori was straining herself to act normal for her friend. Or perhaps, she was only able to act normal because she had her friend.

But we all put up pretenses here, to prevent losing ourselves.

"...Thanks." Lee Jihye muttered.

"Pardon?" I instinctively said, trying to understand why she said "thanks" out of nowhere.

Irritated, Lee Jihye awkwardly said, "I'm saying thanks because you helped us out."

"Oh, uh, you're welcome." I said as a reflex, suddenly embarrassed.

"Yes, without you, we would have..." The fingers on Lee Jihye's shoulders trembled as Na Bori sincerely spoke.

Then we all fell silent, absorbing the situation anew.