Chapter 22: Spokesperson (2)

As soon as I stepped into the circle in-front of me, it suddenly enlarged, while the other circles around me shrunk to accommodate for their friend's sudden area.

It made sense, considering it needed enough room for two people to fit and fight in.

Then it was Mrs. Wang's turn.

Unhesitant and with impatience in her stride, Mrs. Wang advanced in my direction, her face stern and intimidating.

[Round 1 is over.]

Immediately, eight of the 32 of the circles disappeared, and with it, my options of movement.

[Some constellations who expected an immediate fight are disappointed and bored.]

Well, they wouldn't wait long.

I nervously felt the dagger in my hand, advancing another circle forward, closer to Mrs. Wang. She stepped forward as well. There were only two circles lying diagonally in our path, but that wasn't a mode of movement in this game. At least, not for now.

Mrs. Wang was surprisingly quiet, not jeering at me like I thought she would.

[Round 2 is over.]

16 circles remaining.

Then as I stepped forward one more time -

"Go go Spy!" Christina shouted through the watching eyes on the game.

It both startled me and the other people, who looked at the source of the sudden shout.

"Win, Spy friend!" Jie Kushin joined the bandwagon, and I was soon wanting to dig a hole for myself and die in embarrassment.

Guys, you sound like guardians cheering on the kid you're taking care of!

Fortunately, I was not the only one who was going to die from embarrassment, for someone on Mrs. Wang's side couldn't hold back anymore and began shouting too.

"Go Mrs. Wang!"

As a warfare of who was louder began, I wondered how it was even appropriate at this time.

Shouts of "Crush them, Mrs. Wang!" and "Teach them a lesson, Spy!" ricocheted off the walls of the subway station, and even the constellations were hyping up due to the change in atmosphere brought on by the incarnations.

[Lily Blooming in Aquarius is rallying for incarnation 2-]

[Lily Blooming in Aquarius is prodding at Maritime War God]

[Maritime War God is waiting for what Lily Blooming in Aquarius has to say]

[Lily Blooming in Aquarius is asking if they met Incarnation 1 before.]

Ignoring the conversation between the constellations in favor of the scenario, I stared unblinkingly at Mrs. Wang who was now very close.

At this stage in the simple game, we had finally met face to face, and thus a 'Battle' would begin.

"You sure got gall to step into my circle. Any last words, brat?" Mrs. Wang finally opened her mouth to provoke me.

I didn't respond, choosing instead to lunge forward.

A miscalculation on my part, for I underestimated how much strength to use, which, coupled with my agility, propelled me more quickly than I had anticipated.

Even if Mrs. Wang didn't do anything, I was likely to overshoot out of the circle.

Also preparing to counter me, Mrs. Wang lifted up her hands to grapple me, but just like me, she was unused to the level of agility, because her movements were a beat quicker than what she was used to, and thus she did not succeed.